Spam on register page, and recaptcha disappear

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
Goodmorning everyone,

I am receiving a lot of fake registrations on my version of nopCommerce 3.7, I have no possibility at the moment to upgrade to a newer version.

I enabled recaptcha from the Security tab by entering the keys provided by Google. But when I try to register it asks me to insert the characters present in the image, but the control field where I have to insert the image value is not visible.

How can I solve?

Thanks so much
3 года назад
nopCommerce 3.7 is old;  I believe the version of reCaptcha that it uses is no longer available.
You could check the System > Log to see if you see a message to that effect.  (Or maybe you need to look for warnings in the browser developer tools [F12] console).

Here's a SQL query I use on older systems to delete spammy customers.  (Although I've not tried it with 3.70.)  
As-is, it will show you the suspect customers.  Then you can remove the comment indicator "--"  from the "--delete" line and add it to the "select *" line (i.e. make it "--select *"), and  it will delete the customers.

with del as
(
    select Id, Email, CreatedOnUtc, Active, Deleted, LastIpAddress
      from customer c
     where CreatedOnUtc > GETUTCDATE()-1
       and CreatedOnUtc = LastActivityDateUtc
       and Email is not null
       and not exists (select  1 from [Order] o where o.CustomerId = c.Id)
       and exists (select 1 from GenericAttribute ca where ca.EntityId = c.Id and ca.[Key] = 'LastVisitedPage' and (ca.value like '%/register%'))
)
--delete customer where Id in (select Id from del)
select * from del

(you can adjust that GETUTCDATE()-1 as needed, and  then create a SQL Server scheduled job to run the query periodcally)
3 года назад
Yeah, Google reCaptcha is compromised.  I have a few other sites (not NopCommerce) and it pretty much sucks anymore.
3 года назад
Hi, perhaps everybody knows that goolge recaptcha is not working in China, any solutions for substitution of this for security reasons?
Thanks,
3 года назад
anthonycma wrote:
Hi, perhaps everybody knows that goolge recaptcha is not working in China, any solutions for substitution of this for security reasons?
Thanks,

Hi.
Try to use another reCAPTCHA base URL, see details here.
3 года назад
I have a nopcommerce site hosted in China, google recaptcha is not working in China since Google is blocked in China. How could you deal with spam or fake registration without blocking genuine customers?
3 года назад
anthonycma wrote:
I have a nopcommerce site hosted in China, google recaptcha is not working in China since Google is blocked in China. How could you deal with spam or fake registration without blocking genuine customers?

You can develop / integrate any independent image based captcha for yourself. There are many opensource library available that you can use for this.
3 года назад
Thank you Karma for your response. Could you give me a couple of examples for this purpose, please? Many thanks.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.