Order placed from mobile or no

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
Hi, I think it would make sense to add information to an order whether it has been placed from a mobile device or not. With that information, show owners can determine what platform produces the highest revenue and eventually decide to build a real mobile app.

If I am not mistaking you cannot currently tell if on what platform an order was placed.

regards, Steef
3 года назад
You can find this details from Google Anlytics.
3 года назад
Yes, but consider the following scenario, build a mobile app where the developer let's the shopowner use this app for free, but gets paid on revenue, so in order to get paid out the origin of the order must be known. In this scenario, for each month a summary of all the orders placed from mobile apps could be made visible, so the shopowner knows what he has to pay the developer.
3 года назад
For such requirement, you can do this with some customization to track what has been used (Desktop or Mobile) and log it somewhere for your reporting purposes.
3 года назад
nopAccelerate.com wrote:
For such requirement, you can do this with some customization to track what has been used (Desktop or Mobile) and log it somewhere for your reporting purposes.

Well then, would the following be the right way to go :

Extend the order table to add a column indicating the source, defaulting to Desktop. When an order is placed from a Desktop client, nothing changes, when an order is placed from a mobile client, a value is inserted indicating the order was placed from a mobile client. Then the 'Orders'-page on the Admin site would have to be extended to show what orders were placed from a Mobile client per month, so the shop owner knows what to pay.

Can this be done without touching the nop-source ? That's something I would like to avoid.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.