Configurable defaults

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
Hi all,
We often find that our designers and client managers want to remove certain functions from the product listing. For example, the review stars on the productbox.
Rather than removing the function from the views we could simply suggest that all products have the field 'Allow customer reviews' set to false.
Unfortunately creating a new product defaults certain fields like this:
if (product == null)
            {
                model.MaximumCustomerEnteredPrice = 1000;
                model.MaxNumberOfDownloads = 10;
                model.RecurringCycleLength = 100;
                model.RecurringTotalCycles = 10;
                model.RentalPriceLength = 1;
                model.StockQuantity = 10000;
                model.NotifyAdminForQuantityBelow = 1;
                model.OrderMinimumQuantity = 1;
                model.OrderMaximumQuantity = 10000;
                model.TaxCategoryId = _taxSettings.DefaultTaxCategoryId;
                model.UnlimitedDownloads = true;
                model.IsShipEnabled = true;
                model.AllowCustomerReviews = true;
                model.Published = true;
                model.VisibleIndividually = true;
            }

It would be great if these hardcoded values could either be changed to settings, or alternatively,  allow for the defaults to be overridden individually as required.

Any thoughts? I would rather keep the function working in case the customer changes their mind down the track and decides to start using the customer review functionality.
3 года назад
In admin, go to the product details page (advanced mode) and uncheck "Allow customer reviews"
3 года назад
Thanks for the reply. I understand how to do that however the default of that field when creating a new product is true. This means that our customers/content administrators need to remember to uncheck that box every time they create a new product.
I'm suggesting we should be able to configure the default.
3 года назад
I understand now.  Yes, that's a good suggestion.  You may want to create a new Issue here:
https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.