Just deployed to iis but /admin page or login or My Account are not loading Err_connection_Timeout

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
I have deployed using Visual Studio
- right click publich on Nop.Web
- copied all files and folder to inetpub/wwwroot/folderName
-  Everything works except:
\admin page
login page
my account page
3 года назад
KBorg wrote:
Everything works except:
\admin page
login page
my account page

Are you logged in to the website ?
When you say it does not work - what does that mean - is there an error ?
3 года назад
No I am not yet logged in to the website. Although my aim is to try and login in to the website but it takes long to load the login page or My account page and even /admin page and ends up in a ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT

Am I missing some settings on IIS ? Could this be my SSL Certificate ?
3 года назад
After you published you changed your dataSettings.json file to point to the correct database
So you have a connection to your database - you said everything else works so...

Does you store settings have SSL Enabled ?
What is your domain - do you have certificate installed ?
3 года назад
Did you setup the admin section of the site as a virtual site in IIS? You will not reach MyAccount until you successfully login.
3 года назад
@Yidna I do not know how to enable SSL for store settings. Please not that I have set up nopcommerce just by uploading files on to server from my local after I build for release.

@glhays I am not sure i quite understand How to set up admin section on a virtual site or why you are telling me this if it is on the same domain
3 года назад
KBorg wrote:
@Yidna I do not know how to enable SSL for store settings. Please not that I have set up nopcommerce just by uploading files on to server from my local after I build for release.

If you copied all the files from the development publish then it would have probably included the settings file App_Data/dataSettings.json and I assume your production server is different and has a different SQL Server.
So the settings file needs to be updated for the new host settings.
One way is to delete the dataSettings.json file on the new host and run the install to get the correct settings for the new server
3 года назад
But this is not good for me to do because in future I will be always updating my local copy of nopcommerce and would always update/copy local db and release build to server, like this I would always have local setting on server right ?

Also I just enables SSL on local and now I can not seem to access nopcommerce. Is there a way to undo this or make a fake ssl certificate for local? I need to try and manipulate the same settings for server on my local
3 года назад
KBorg wrote:
But this is not good for me to do because in future I will be always updating my local copy of nopcommerce and would always update/copy local db and release build to server, like this I would always have local setting on server right ?

Now you know you can either not overwrite the production settings file when you upload or keep a backup of the settings for the production host and fix it after an upload

KBorg wrote:
Also I just enables SSL on local and now I can not seem to access nopcommerce. Is there a way to undo this or make a fake ssl certificate for local? I need to try and manipulate the same settings for server on my local

Thats why I asked if you have an SSL Certificate installed ?
The only way to fix it now is to edit the database and set the
SslEnabled in the stores table record to false
3 года назад
I have run this SQL command :
Update [NopCommerce].[dbo].[Store] SET [SslEnabled] = 1
but the pages mention above still do not work.

Please Note this might be the cause of the issue: I have a certificate installed but it is not pointing to the same domain ... It is of another website (I need a cert to install to be able to make the website work)

Is there something I still might need to configure in admin dashboard on my local for me to access admin dashboard on server ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.