Customers details being indexed on Google

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 года назад
Hi,

I have a nopCommerce 4.2 store, and worryingly when searching for a customers phone number, it appears in the Google search engine with a link to the admin site and a downloadable xls file. How can Google be indexing the admin site of the store, please help as this has GDPR implications?

Kind regards
3 года назад
First of all, locate Areas > Admin >Views > Shared > _AdminLayout.cshtml

Add the following the head tag: <meta name="robots" content="noindex" />

Next, find the 'builtin@search_engine_record.com ' and make sure it's not a member of the Administrators group.

You may also need to go through webmaster tools, and manually remove content.

Also, this commit might be helpful? https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/commit/1e295118a1df641209f560683d2fc857d4f70f7b
3 года назад
Many thanks in getting back to me quickly, I've made those changes although I didn't have the builtin@search_engine_record.com account within my nopCommerce solution is this something that needs to be added?
3 года назад
nclamb wrote:
Many thanks in getting back to me quickly, I've made those changes although I didn't have the builtin@search_engine_record.com account within my nopCommerce solution is this something that needs to be added?

You will have one, they are just hidden. yourstore.com/Admin/Customer/Edit/2

Or Admin > Customers > Search by email (builtin@search_engine_record.com) and customer roles (guests)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.