Vendor Inventory management

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 года назад
Can the warehouse option be used separately by different vendors, I mean in while adding new products vendors can view other vendors' warehouse names.
is there a plugin or an option that I'm missing?
2 года назад
I'm not aware of a plugin for it.  This is old, but may interest you
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/boards/topic/35976/how-to-create-sepertae-warehouse-for-each-vendor

Why do you need warehouses for vendors?  Is it related to calculation of shipping charges by origin?
2 года назад
thank you for your quick response.
but to follow up I have another question.
can we use this plugin for inventory & supplies managementent?

BR.
2 года назад
I am working on a Plugin at the moment that allows you to define Warehouses by vendor
It also allows you to define Dates and Ranges and Pickup Points for a Vendor
It introduces a Carriers table for storing Shipping Carrier information and linking particular API’s

When logged in as a Vendor Customer then that Vendor can only see the above Warehouses and other Entities that they have entered or that belong to them
When creating a product the Vendor can only select their “own” Warehouses and Dates and Rages, etc

This is all used for a variation of the FixedWeightByTotal Shipping Plugin where a Vendor can define their own rates for the various combinations i.e. By Store, Warehouse, Carrier, Country, Weight, Subtotal, etc
It also has custom Shipment Creation and Shipping Order Management pages tied to the above

Probably next week I will have a demo version available

Any other requirements you may need let me know and I can potentially add it to the design
2 года назад
I have an interesting setup that I'm looking to solve.  We have an entity that owns one or more stores. There are many entities. They all sell the exact same products which are managed by the state. Each product has a state code assigned to it.  The challenge I'm facing is how should I setup Nop if all products are expected to be the same for all stores.

The concept of vendors have their own products in Nop from my understanding. I can't import the same product list for each vendor because I can't duplicate the SKU. The database doesn't have a constraint but the UI has it.  Would be nice to have a single product list but I need to track inventory and will be updating the inventory during the day in real time. (Another challenge I haven't figured out due to the caching)

I've setup a main store with sub-domains for each store location. I've also setup vendor for each store. I imported a single product list and realize this won't work without rewriting code in way too many places.  Not a good idea I'm guessing.  I need some direction on this.

Next for a customer, it would be nice for them to search for a product and display the results where there is available inventory for the closest stores. But if the customer were to select more than one item and from more than one store, then I have an issue because the concept of a cart is for a single store/vendor.  

I'm guessing I need to force a customer to a given store. If I can get around the SKU, then I could load a product set for each vendor. I'm not sure how the search works yet as I've been at this day and night for a week now. Learned a lot too!  If I can force the search to only return products for the store they are on then I think I'll be ok.  If I take this approach, I think I need the home page of the main store, to present all the store to choose from. When the select a store, I'm just re-routing to that store where they can then search, select, checkout and pay. I managed to find a payment plug-in for Authorize.NET since this is what we are using for this startup. I made a few changes to it and learned how the plug-ins work a little.  

Can anyone guide me here? I tried reaching out to nop developers from the portal but they all have different ways they want to approach and some want astronomical numbers. Example. 245K to solve my problem. I'm a developer and was shocked when I saw that quote. Again, any help here would be greatly appreciated and if I can help anyone in return, please let me know.  I plan to contribute in the near future. Right now I have limited time and have a lot to learn how this works. I'm also willing to pay someone for help with this.

Thanks again for taking the time to read this. I hope I can solve this. I'm going to try to modify the SKU constraint to include the vendor Id + my product SKU as a composite key in hopes when they search by SKU they only get results back for that store they are on. Don't know if I'll break it here.

Next, what would be the best approach for making the primary store, the store list without the ability to search products until they select a store.

Also wanted to point out that shipping is not allowed and customers have to pickup their orders at the store they purchased from.

I have it up live at https://abcgo.app
An example of a store I have as https://newhanover1.abcgo.app

Regards
Matt Carlucci
2 года назад
RE:
"display the results where there is available inventory for the closest stores."
vs
"best approach for making the primary store, the store list without the ability to search products until they select a store."

Seems to contradict.  Why can't a customer shop at (and pickup from) multiple stores?  (Considering it's possible that the items they want only have inventory available in different stores.)
2 года назад
That is the good Plugin which I am looking for.
With my Idea, I want add more requirements:

Vendors: there are many branches (warehouses) with different addresses, so 1 Vendor has 1 or more addresses to pick up goods.
Customer: when Customer opens WEB , need to determine Customer's location (by Google Service) & display Current Location Information or Customers can choose States/Provinces which Customers want to Buy products on top of Header of Web .
   At that time, the System needs to automatically get, introduce & arrange a list of Vendors Products that are located close to the current location of the Customer.
   Product details need to show the estimated distance & time (calculated by google location service) so that customers can choose products with an address close to their current location.
   When checkout for an order, the Customer always takes the address of the previously registered address or adds many new addresses later with the current location.

Thanks so much.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.