Upgrading from 3.6 to 4.4. Too many re-directs Error

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 года назад
Hello,

I started an effort to upgrade an old 3.6 site to 4.4.  I ran all the upgrade scripts on the database and that went very smoothly.  I downloaded the no source version of 4.4, and hosted the site in IIS on a Windows Server.  The site rendered and presumably upgraded from 4.3 to 4.4 per the docs.  So far so good!

I then downloaded the source code to run the site locally in Visual Studio.  I copied the dataSettings file over to the local codebase, then tried running the site through Visual Studio.  This is where the problems started.  The site will not load, instead the browser throws an error that there are too many re-directs.  I don't believe this is an SSL issue, because the site that's running fine on IIS is not configured to use SSL.  Is there anything else that can cause this error?
2 года назад
final_thrill wrote:
I copied the dataSettings file over to the local codebase

Is this file adjusted to point to your local database or is it still pointing at the production database ?
2 года назад
Thanks Yinda for asking!  The database and IIS web server are hosted on different development servers inside the network.  This is the same development pipeline we have for several Nop sites, and none of them have this re-direct on local issue.
2 года назад
final_thrill wrote:
Thanks Yinda for asking!  The database and IIS web server are hosted on different development servers inside the network.  This is the same development pipeline we have for several Nop sites, and none of them have this re-direct on local issue.

do you change store url with http /https (if certificate installed at your site) from admin properly?
2 года назад
It might be an SSL issue.  Another recent topic having a similar problem.
2 года назад
Thanks for checking in on this.  I did resolve the issue by altering the values in the store table.  Specifically, changing the SSLEnabled setting to true, and making sure there were no null values in the row.  

You can close out this thread.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.