Debugging custom DLL in Nop 4.40

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 года назад
Hi

I have developed several plugins, which share a common dll.
This dll is from my own project as part of my Nop solution, located in Libraries folder together with Nop.Core, Nop.Data and Nop.Services.

When i build my plugin the dll is copied to the website, and i can debug my plugin just fine.
But when i hit the line using my common dll, i get this message in Visual Studio:
"The breakpoint will not currently be hit"

I have tried copying the pdf file too, with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Best regards,
Axel Andersen
2 года назад
So this common .dll is built in a different solution ?

Maybe there is another way ... ?
but usually you have all projects in the one solution with all source code
As longs as it is all built in debug mode then you have the source code can debug it all

If you are building the common in a different solution then the idea is that it is all fully tested and debug so there is no need to debug it again
When you build the common as a release and copy across the .dll then there is no source code to debug with, all the debug stuff has been removed (unless you build it as a debug version)

If you still need to debug the common then probably you need to go back to the usual way of building and debugging and include all projects in the solution
2 года назад
No, its build in my Nop solution, located just beside Nop.Core etc. in the Libraries folder.
I can debug the Plugin it self, but not the referenced project.
I guess its because of the copying of the plugin at runtime, or should that work?

Its all build in debug, and run from Visual Studio
2 года назад
I figured out my problem.

I had some old plugins in the Nop.Web folder, which apparently should have been delete first.
After deleting everything in the Nop.Web/Plugins folder and doing a Clean of the solution, a rebuild gave me what i wanted.

I can now debug all the dlls i want :-)

Thanks
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.