database on a Separate server than nopC platform

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 года назад
Hello,
I was wondering if it is possible to have database (MS SQL 2019) on a separate server NOT the one installing nopCommerce. The reason of my question is that we already have a database SQL server and would like to use it if possible to make a smooth transition from old website to new website.
So if it is possible to have server 1 for nopC and server 2 for SQL. Any documentation for this scenario will be warm welcomed.

Thank you !
2 года назад
Xperience wrote:
Hello,
I was wondering if it is possible to have database (MS SQL 2019) on a separate server NOT the one installing nopCommerce. The reason of my question is that we already have a database SQL server and would like to use it if possible to make a smooth transition from old website to new website.
So if it is possible to have server 1 for nopC and server 2 for SQL. Any documentation for this scenario will be warm welcomed.

Thank you !

Hi ,

Yes this is not a problem. The data can be on another server or in the cloud.
2 года назад
You just need to have the desired DataConnectionString in your \App_Data\dataSettings.json
2 года назад
I'm not a developer. I'm a Network Admin. I will try to install this software solution following strictly the installation documentation provided and I will post here the errors for someone to correct the installation if case. I have a talent to find bugs in other one work :)
For the moment I do not know what you are talking about :)
2 года назад
You dont need to be a developer but you will need to install the website in IIS. Then the main part for the two server setup is opening the ports and the connection for SQL to communicate between the two machines.

So to test these settings you will need to be able to run SQL Server Managemnt Studio on the Webserver machine and be able to open a Database on the other SQL Server machine.

When you run the Install for nopCommerce you will use these SQL Server settings and it will create  a dataSettings.json file in \App_Data which is what is refered to above.
2 года назад
Thank for  input. I will be careful. Opening ports is not a problem since both machines will be in the same subnet. Installing SQL Management on Web Server and connecting to SQL server not a problem too since all in same domain.
The json file is still blurry to me at this point.
2 года назад
Basically a file that holds the connection string
See https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/framework/data/adonet/connection-string-syntax
and
https://www.connectionstrings.com/sql-server/

Which will be setup automatically if the install works
2 года назад
exactly as I was afraid the installation procedure described in documentation is incomplete or assume that the user install sites every day.
so I do following steps:
1. install a Windows Server 2022 machine with Desktop experience
2. full update
3. install IIS with default settings
4. install .Net5 runtime (as requested by nopC docs)
5. install SQL Management Studio (to connect to existing SQL Database server and create a new database)
6. download file 00 nopCommerce_4.40.4_NoSource_win_x64, extract and copy to D:\Inetpub\blazer.bizarnet.ro (location of test website)
7. browsing localy http://blazer.bizarnet.ro and got:

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error
The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information:
Module     IIS Web Core
Notification     BeginRequest
Handler     Not yet determined
Error Code     0x80070021
Config Error     This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
Config File     \\?\D:\Inetpub\blazer.bizarnet.ro\web.config
Requested URL     http://blazer.bizarnet.ro:80/
Physical Path     D:\Inetpub\blazer.bizarnet.ro
Logon Method     Not yet determined
Logon User     Not yet determined

Wondering what step written in documentation I'm missing ?
2 года назад
After reading topic "Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce." since 9 years old I notice that there is the same problems I have like other people 9 years ago. How come in this time the Documentation was not improved ? Somehow someone want to get paid for support ?
Why is hard to have a 1 page simple documentation with EVERYTHING included also IIS add on and settings to can actually see something with nopC logo on it ?

In my daily life, what comes out from my hand, it always come out with 5-10 years of GUARANTEED JOB WELL DONE, and for me is very difficult to spend days (or weeks) to try to read things written by the persons who might be death now and struggle to make work, spend time and energy I do not have it right now.

I understand that 9 years ago was a junior project but now should be mature with 1 single page correctly written for Installation, not "trying to installation" or "playing with installation".
2 года назад
after watching YouTube presentation I understand that the unarchive of the nopC should be done in directory of the new site ... and the nopweb.exe must be run in order to can access the Installation Very First Web page.
installation finish and nopweb.exe are closed and struggle with setup IIS to open the new created site from the forge of nopC :)

what might be the default web page ?

how to do this ?

PS: how simple can be all this automatize in steed of stress to read and try :(
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.