Observability - Should we log more stuff?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
один год назад
I've noticed that we log very few things... and when we log, it's mostly the exception...

is there a reason here? or we just "forgot"?
один год назад
Can you be more specific?

Log
ActivityLog

"Instrumentation" is not quite the same as "logging"
один год назад
I can't help to imagine the scenario where a costumer has a problem and "we" ask for the logs and there's a bunch of holes and we can't diagnose the problem...

im new around here and in other projects I've participated I've seen a lot more logging... ultimately speaking, instrumentation can be cover by other tools such as datadog, but I've browsed some files and it's quite easy to find entire classes that doesn't log anything...
один год назад
Please make specific suggestions of what you want logged.
один год назад
I don't have an actual need, I just want to know more on how you guys tackle this so I can contribute accordantly and if you, project leaders, feel that we need more logs, I could comply... but if you are happy with the current setting, ok!
один год назад
You can make specific suggestions in the Suggestions and Feedback forum, and you can contribute source code at GitHub.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.