Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

12 年 前
This is what I get when I try to install to my remote server. Can anyone help me out here?

Setup failed: System.Exception: Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it at Nop.Web.Controllers.InstallController.Index(InstallModel model) in f:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\InstallController.cs:line 399
12 年 前
pdearing wrote:
Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it

The error is self-describing. Database does not exist or you don't have permissions to connect to it.
12 年 前
I have installed the database with success the very first time.
When redirected to the home page I get a browser error.
The log table records has the following error which happens every time I try to run the app from VS 2010 in debug mode:  

Path '/Views/Home/Index.cshtml' was not found. when run the project from VIsual Studio 2010.
12 年 前
hi, i installed the nopCommerce 2.4, it dosnt work on my plat form.
i used to use VS 2008, but because of this , i installedVS 2010, but it doesnt work yet.

when i open the sln file in output window i have this error:
F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj : error  : The project file 'F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Nop.Web.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj : error  : The project file 'F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.

i couldnt find nop.web.dll and nop.admin.dll
these classes are empty in my solution!
what should i do, please help me.
12 年 前
In Version 2.3 I was able to add "Html.AddTitleParts("My home page custom title");" in views/home/index.cshtml however after upgrading to Version 2.4 it does not have an effect. Any idea how to add a custom title to the default page?
12 年 前
Hi.
I am trying to install 2.4  without source on a windows 7 ultimate box, but it keeps saying
"The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory" once i fire the url of my installation.

AM not very familiar with MVC, so i thought it was missing something from it; installed the 3.5 mvc runtime but the problem persists. WHat should i do?
12 年 前
there is nobody to answer our questions!! :(
12 年 前
[email protected] wrote:
there is nobody to answer our questions!! :(

I managed to get it working.

I had installed MVC runtime but this is windows, so i ran aspnet_regiis -i from the C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319 folder.

I had to start installation from <mysite>/views/install/index.aspx.
It gave me some error about some account not having perms to the folder, so i gave it and that was about it.

What problem are you facing? maybe we can help each other
12 年 前
thanks for your attention.
my big deal is taht ,there is no ""aspx"" file in all of my project, i re download the project for some times, but there is no aspx or the problem is same.

my project cant configure the cshtml files.
i dont know what should i do!

inow i use the 1.3 version of nopcommerce, i want to install the higher version, what do you suggest me to have a shopping web site?!!
12 年 前
[email protected] wrote:

...The project type is not supported by this installation.

F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj : error  : The project file 'F:\Projects\Others\NopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Administration\Nop.Admin.csproj' cannot be opened...

You need to install MVC3 from
http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=1491
Install AspNetMVC3ToolsUpdateSetup.exe