Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

4 年 前
The publish should work good as long as the run time is set as Linux 64.  Please make sure all the dependant dlls are present in the publish directory.  For reference you can refer to my github path for the linux library.
4 年 前
Thanks, kmsrao! I'll try the compiled version from your github page.

By the way, I did installed the SDK on my Ubuntu Server and compiled the source on the server and it's working now. I know that is not how it should be done but I've tried many methods and that's the only method that is working so far.

Do you mind sharing how you build nopCommerce for linux 64bit? How did you setup your dev environment and what's the command line that you used to build nopCommerce?

-- Thanks
4 年 前
I tried Visual Studio on Windows System , SDK  in Windows System and  SDK in Ubuntu. All three works.  In all the cases,

dotnet publish  --self-contained true  --configuration Release  --runtime linux-x64
4 年 前
Thanks, kmsrao! That's the command I need.

--thank you.
4 年 前
I was pleased and excited to see the Beta download for the new version that will allow the use of MySQL.

Having downloaded the No Source Code option, I am stuck!  I may well be missing the obvious but I cannot find and do not understand how I had NopCommerce to my website - I assumed that I need to embed a link to Nop.Web but that is not working - my question is how do I add NopCommerce to my website pages?

From searching and reading your install information I have added Read / Write permissions to the list of directories

I am hosting on Godaddy with a Plesk control panel. IIS is installed and I am told it has Core 2.2

Framework is 4.8

Thank you

Regards
4 年 前
David,
Is your Godaddy server on a shared host or a VPS server?

v4.30 Beta requires Dotnet 3.1 running on the server, if your on a VPS you can remote into your server and install dotnet 3.1 and the AspNetHosting package as in the the release notes here https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic/80146/nopcommerce-430-beta-released-please-share-your-impressions#260201
If your on a shared host you most likely won't be able to do this yourself. You might ask tech support if they will install, but my past experience is they will not and that is why I moved to VPS server a few years back.
What your seeing in the plesk panel is limited as to what is actually installed on your MSServer version which is probably v2012 or v2016.
Hope this helps!
4 年 前
Thank you for the reply and the information

My Hosting is Shared and you are correct GoDaddy will not install Dotnet 3.1 on Shared Hosting and you have to change to a VPS server to be able to install Dotnet 3.1

Having just renewed my Ultimate Shared Hosting for one year, I am told I will not be given a credit and will lose the cost of that if I change to VPS hosting with GoDaddy - so now I need to find a new Hosting Provider

Regards

David
4 年 前
Hi Nop Team,

I'm testing the beta one during the installation by using mysql.
I got the following error.

Setup failed: Fatal error encountered during command execution.

Thanks.
Mick
3 年 前
I see no proper documentation of how to install 4.2 on windows server. It seems the installation keeps changing every release. Can anyone point out a good documentation on how to install 4.2 on Windows 2016.

I am stuck at this error:
500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

I enabled logging but it is not not providing any error.

On IIS Log I see this

2020-04-18 06:09:44 172.26.14.128 GET /favicon.ico - 80 - 18.213.209.42 Mozilla/5.0+(Windows+NT+10.0;+Win64;+x64)+AppleWebKit/537.36+(KHTML,+like+Gecko)+Chrome/81.0.4044.113+Safari/537.36      ....500 19 13 15

Is NopCommerce 4.2 a stable working version?
3 年 前
Yes, 4.2 is stable working version.

Did you enable log in Web.config?

Also make sure proper read/write permission is given to project folder for IIS_IUSRS user.