Getting started. Installing and upgrading nopCommerce.

11 年 前
There are a number of ways to do this in an easy and organized manner.

No matter wich way you choose to install NopCommerce, you MUST have ALL system requirements, read/write file parameters and srever settings completed first.

The EASIEST way to set up and run NopCommerce is to use Microsoft WebMatrix 2. (Free download from Microsoft)
1. Download and install MS WM2
2. Run MS WM2
3. Select App Gallery
4. Select NopCommerce from the list
5. Select NEXT
6. Fill in specifics

Microsoft Web Matrix 2 will do all the rest for you.

You should now be able to set up your store, add new skins, edit html ect.

You can use this same method to install NopCommerce on any hosted server as well. As a matter of fact alot of hosted servers, such as GDddy offer a one click install for NopCommerce.

I personally perfer to build on a local machine versus the hosted server. Since I DO NOT modify the Nop Commerce program itself (source code), I use the IIS method outlined here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjwWIIRZP6E.

Also specific to your hosted server: http://blog.arvixe.com/how-to-install-nopcommerce-from-your-websitepanel-using-microsoft-web-app-gallery/

Hope this helps.
11 年 前
realdigital wrote:
Method of deployment for NO SOURCE:
I downloaded the RAR file from NOP. With WINRAR I opened the file which put them in a folder which had the following folders and files:

Administration
App_Data
bin
Content
plugins
Scripts
Themes
Views
51Degrees_Mobi
browserCaps
ErrorPage
Filenotfound
Global
License
Web
Web.debug
Web.release

I uploaded these by FTP to the root directory on our Arvixe hosting.

Method for WITH SOURCE CODE:

I download the file from NOP. I opened it with WINRAR. There is a file called NOP.sln highlighted because I have the Visual Studio. I click this file and it opens Visual Studio. It runs a process. Then I click the Prepare.Bat and that runs a process. Then I click Delpoy. Bat and that runs a process and creates a folder called “Deployable”. Within this folder is another folder called NOP_2.80. The files appear identical to the other process.

In Arvixe, I highlight the root directory and change permission (read/write) and include sub-directories, files and folders.
I type www.realdigitalvalues.com/install/ and get the 505 error message.

That is all I know so far.

What do you think?

thanks for the help

There are a number of ways to do this in an easy and organized manner.

No matter wich way you choose to install NopCommerce, you MUST have ALL system requirements, read/write file parameters and srever settings completed first.

The EASIEST way to set up and run NopCommerce is to use Microsoft WebMatrix 2. (Free download from Microsoft)
1. Download and install MS WM2
2. Run MS WM2
3. Select App Gallery
4. Select NopCommerce from the list
5. Select NEXT
6. Fill in specifics

Microsoft Web Matrix 2 will do all the rest for you.

You should now be able to set up your store, add new skins, edit html ect.

You can use this same method to install NopCommerce on any hosted server as well. As a matter of fact alot of hosted servers, such as GDddy offer a one click install for NopCommerce.

I personally perfer to build on a local machine versus the hosted server. Since I DO NOT modify the Nop Commerce program itself (source code), I use the IIS method outlined here: [url=https://www.nopcommerce.com/docs/79/installing-nopcommerce.aspx][/url]

Once again it is easy to acomplish.

Here is a video to help you along : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjwWIIRZP6E.

Also specific to your hosted server: http://blog.arvixe.com/how-to-install-nopcommerce-from-your-websitepanel-using-microsoft-web-app-gallery/

Hope this helps.
11 年 前
Well thank you very much for all this information and guidance.

It showed me that all these steps I was doing correctly so I focused on the Web Hosting side, Arvixe. it appears when i created the Site to upload the files it defaults to ASP. NET 2.0.

In the Arvixe Control Panel go to WEB>Web Sites>(select yours)>Extensions and there change to ASP.NET 4.0 (integrated)  .... they tell me it is naming issue, but it really is 4.5 ASP.NET

Anyway, THANK YOU!

I hope others get help from this.

By the way, I tried to log in from Windows IE9 and it goes through the process, but the "Administration" does not appear on the top.

I logged in with Firefox and no issue.

I wonder what the IE issue is?

thanks again
11 年 前
Hi I follow this step
1-  Download nopCommerce_2.80_Source.rar and extracted it to local drive.
2-  Download visual studio 2012 express and install it
3-  Download AspNetMVC 4.
4-  Open extracted folder in vs 2012 express and run it
This message appear  : A project with an Output Type of Class cannot be started directly.
what can i do to solve tis problem
11 年 前
When you open the solution in visual studio, find the project Nop.Web on the right side in the solution explorer and right click on it and click Set it as Startup Project.
11 年 前
infiniti wrote:
When you open the solution in visual studio, find the project Nop.Web on the right side in the solution explorer and right click on it and click Set it as Startup Project.

sorry but in the solution explorer in presentation folder the visual Studio write  Nop.admin (unavailable) and  also Nob.web(unavailable) . the number of projects in the solution are 42 what can i do download the souce code again or what please
11 年 前
You most probably have Visual Studio Express installed. You need VS professional or higher to view the code
11 年 前
Dear all,
I am having trouble running nop2.80 on my local computer.

I have VS2010 and SQL2008.
When I run the application through the nopCommerce solution with the source  files it runs fine, but when I try try to run  deployable version I get an error:

Server Error in '/nop_2.80' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.  Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /nop_2.80/install

For the nopCommerce solution with sources I have connected them to a remote SQL server and I want to do the same for the deployable version but I can´t seem to get to the next step.

Another general question: when I run the install application and connect it to an already populated database does it delete the data in that database or just connect to it and use the already inserted data?

Appreciate any help.

Thanks in advance
11 年 前
Help please.

I have just got nop commerce and need to log in to make it my own website.  How to I do this?  

Thanks
11 年 前
add youtube install and upgrade video