Thousands of empty customer records created every day

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
6 年 前
@rhwd2003
Have you tried the  Admin > System > Schedule Tasks -> Delete guests ?
6 年 前
Yes there is 15 million rows and it wont delete them, how do we stop them from creating?
6 年 前
I had a similar problem.  I can only delete up to 2-3 days worth at a time and even then had problems because it would keep timing out.

The easiest way is if you have Management Studio to directly access your database is to work through that.  I run this little query that I made.

You will need to put in your database name and change the dates you want to delete.  By running it from Management Studio it never times out.  I'm hosted on Everleap and if I delete too many records at a time the transaction gets too large so kicks out an error since I have limited database space.  That is why I can only delete a couple days at a time.  The newer version of NOP is supposed to block these blank records from getting created.

I rebuild all the indexes on customer when I'm done deleting.

---------------------
USE [ your database name ]
GO

DECLARE  @return_value int,
    @TotalRecordsDeleted int

EXEC  @return_value = [dbo].[DeleteGuests]
    @OnlyWithoutShoppingCart = 1,
    @CreatedFromUtc = N'2011-06-25',
    @CreatedToUtc = N'2017-08-09',
    @TotalRecordsDeleted = @TotalRecordsDeleted OUTPUT

SELECT  @TotalRecordsDeleted as N'@TotalRecordsDeleted'

SELECT  'Return Value' = @return_value

GO
-----------------------------
6 年 前
@Andrei,

Can you please involve here?

This was supposed to be addressed in 3.90. The bots/guest accounts just gets created in 1000's per second even on 3.90.
6 年 前
When we look through our customers being created 90% of them are search engine bots, we obviously dont want to block the search engines like googlebot but how do we not have them create customer accounts every single visit? We have had over 150k customer accounts created so far just today and it is killing our CPU?
6 年 前
Does anyone have an updated .ini file without having to take the 3.9 browsecap.xml file and re-create it?
6 年 前
rhwd2003 wrote:
Does anyone have an updated .ini file without having to take the 3.9 browsecap.xml file and re-create it?

Previously we used the ini file from http://user-agent-string.info/. But now they moved to https://udger.com/ and made its library commercial. We cannot used it in our open-source soluion (so never nested it)
6 年 前
a.m. wrote:
Previously we used the ini file from http://user-agent-string.info/. But now they moved to https://udger.com/ and made its library commercial. We cannot used it in our open-source soluion (so never nested it)

Andrei, Why are the empty customer records in thousands being created even after upgrading to 3.90. This was supposed to fixed with the changes right? Anything that you would like to share with the community here please?
6 年 前
sklewis wrote:
I had a similar problem.  I can only delete up to 2-3 days worth at a time and even then had problems because it would keep timing out.

The easiest way is if you have Management Studio to directly access your database is to work through that.  I run this little query that I made.

You will need to put in your database name and change the dates you want to delete.  By running it from Management Studio it never times out.  I'm hosted on Everleap and if I delete too many records at a time the transaction gets too large so kicks out an error since I have limited database space.  That is why I can only delete a couple days at a time.  The newer version of NOP is supposed to block these blank records from getting created.

I rebuild all the indexes on customer when I'm done deleting.

---------------------
USE [ your database name ]
GO

DECLARE  @return_value int,
    @TotalRecordsDeleted int

EXEC  @return_value = [dbo].[DeleteGuests]
    @OnlyWithoutShoppingCart = 1,
    @CreatedFromUtc = N'2011-06-25',
    @CreatedToUtc = N'2017-08-09',
    @TotalRecordsDeleted = @TotalRecordsDeleted OUTPUT

SELECT  @TotalRecordsDeleted as N'@TotalRecordsDeleted'

SELECT  'Return Value' = @return_value

GO
-----------------------------

What is your procedure for rebuilding indexes on the customer table?
6 年 前
Any update on this issue? We have ver 3.9 and the guest customers are just pouring in....
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.