ERROR MESSAGE in ADMIN > System > Maintenance > BackUpDatabase

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 年 前
Worked on my localhost but encountered the same error on my hosting server.

Error msg:
Cannot open backup device 'E:\inetpub\vhosts\site.com\httpdocs\Administration\backups\database_2010-04-07-13-55-27_4497.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

How convenient this function will be if it is working...
13 年 前
I have the same issue.

Which local user should I give permission to?

And why doesnt nopcommerce backup to app_data instead?
13 年 前
I am also Having Same Issue in my Local Machine.. which is

Cannot open backup device 'D:\NopCommerceStore\Administration\backups\database_2010-07-12-15-33-09_1402.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

And On My Host Server I am having this Error

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

I dont WHY.. However i have given Write and Read permission to the folder to my local machine..
Even than dont come with the Solution..

Looking for the solution.
thanks
Salman
5 年 前
I KNOW THIS IS LATE BUT IF YOU STILL NEED HELP WITH THIS:

If you are hosting NopCommerce on your own Windows server and it is also the SQL database server:

Go to Administrative Tools > Services and go down to the "SQL Server (MSSQLSERVER)" unless you installed a named instance in which case the name in parentheses will be different but choose that one and go to the Log On tab.

If you installed it with defaults, more than likely the user will be

NT Service\MSSQLSERVER

for whatever user is present here, this is the account you must have permissions for on the db_backup folder. To add this particular user, when you click Add on the Security tab, you must type in EXACTLY

NT Service\MSSQLSERVER in order to find the user on the server. Make sure the user object types are all selected when you enter in the search. Give this user Modify permissions on the db_backups folder.

If your user account is different then add the one listed on the Log On tab of the service.

Once completing this, do an iisreset and then attempt to back up the database again. It should be successful now.
5 年 前
christinamorris wrote:
I am getting the same message, not sure what to do about it though.

What nop version are you using?
5 年 前
SamSalman wrote:
I am also Having Same Issue in my Local Machine.. which is

Cannot open backup device 'D:\NopCommerceStore\Administration\backups\database_2010-07-12-15-33-09_1402.bak'. Operating system error 3(The system cannot find the path specified.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

And On My Host Server I am having this Error

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level.  This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

I dont WHY.. However i have given Write and Read permission to the folder to my local machine..
Even than dont come with the Solution..

Looking for the solution.
thanks
Salman

SamSalman@I do as you do without success
4 年 前
dipsha35a wrote:
Sweet potato and squash also usually make the superfood list, for similar reasons as those listed for leafy greens. Both kinds of food are generally excellent sources of fiber, vitamin A and much more. They are also naturally sweet and don't require the butter, cream or salt typically added to potatoes.
Organifi Green Juice

why u are posting this here?
4 年 前
Hi,

I am using Nop 4.10 on a server.

I am getting an error when I try to back up the database in the admin area under Maintence/Backup

Cannot open backup device 'C:\inetpub\wwwroot\NavWebApplicationContainer\shop\wwwroot\db_backups\database_2020-02-26-10-52-39_8743289472.bak'. Operating system error 5(Access is denied.). BACKUP DATABASE is terminating abnormally.

I have made sure that the destination file is not read only.

Is there a way to change the path to a different folder?

Thanks,
Will
4 年 前
You can only change in code
        public static string DbBackupsPath => "db_backups\\";
Have you have to given write permison to the Users
4 年 前
Thanks very much
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.