Upgrading to nopCommerce 1.10 from 1.05

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 年 前
Hi,

How would I go about upgrading from 1.05 to 1.10?
I have a lot of data in my database that cannot be lost.

Thanks,

Nate
15 年 前
We planned to create update scripts to 1.10. But too many tables were changed, some columns were encrypted, all locale resources were renamed and so on. It was almost impossible for us (very hard) to support upgrading from previous versions.
15 年 前
I agree to that! BUT - we need a solution to upgrading from one version to the next as many of us allready have the site in production mode. One can use SQL scripts to almost any changes in the database, so here we need clever brains to split the new scripts into multiple scripts. Also the language scripts could be standardized to a naming where it is f.e. named Language_{vesion}_{langiageId} (f.e. uk_US). Easy to add and maintained.

Anders
15 年 前
If you can't directly support upgrading, can you at least give some pointers on how to transfer the data?

I have let the new version create a brand new database, can the data (or at least important portions of it, ie. customers and products) be transferred directly from table to table?

Any advice at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nate
15 年 前
1. Install nopCommerce v1.10
2. Delete all data from [Nop_Customer], [Nop_Product], [Nop_ProductVariant] tables.
3. [Nop_Customer] table almost was not changed. Just copy it using SSIS setting NULL values for new columns.
4. [Nop_Product] table is the same except new column ShowOnHomePage used for indicating whether a product is shown on the home page.
5. [Nop_ProductVariant] table. New columns: MinStockActivity; LowStockActivityID (set it to 0);

But it's much harder to import data from order-related tables.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.