Localhost -> Webspace

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
15 年 前
Hi!

Can someone please tell me the correct way to publish my nopcommerce site?

I have been working with it using localhost but now I need to upload it to my web host. I tried ftp'ing the nopcommerceweb directory contents but all that happens is that I get a directory listing when I try to open the site, also in trying to open default.aspx I can see only the source code for it.

Hopefully someone can tell me where I am going wrong, thanks :)
15 年 前
Have you created the DB and loaded data into the SQL server database?

You also need to edit your web.config to match your connection to the SQL server DB with whatever you host requires.
15 年 前
Yea I created the DB on my laptop using the nopcommerce install, the plan was to work away with that then upload everything to the web hosting and just change the connection string or whatever I need to link to the database.
15 年 前
Unless you create and populate the DB at your hosted site, you will not see anything at your hosted site.

Hosted site knows nothing about your DB at localhost.
15 年 前
Will the pages not display even with errors until the database is connected?
15 年 前
Correct. ALL data (pages) reside in the database.
15 年 前
I don't think you're getting what I'm saying, even the install pages wont load they display only code in the browser window.

For example I open install.aspx on localhost and the page opens correctly, I upload this to my web space then I try to load the page I don't see what I see on localhost I only see the source code in the browser window. I don't need any database set up to just view install.aspx?

Its like my host doesn't support asp.net pages
15 年 前
Hi mark, it does sound like your host does not support asp.net. You will need to speak with them and check that you are hosted on windows servers and how you can enable asp.net
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.