Free Shipping Discount plugin for products and/or categories

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
4 年 前
If anyone knows where I can get a Discount plugin whereby shipping discount (say, free shipping) can be applied to products or categories for Nopcommerce 4.2, please leave a link here.  I discovered, to my dismay, that doing this is not possible with the stock program Discounts feature (it only works for roles and it's not possible to map a shipping discount to products or categories).  Clicking free shipping boxes for 3000 products is just silly (and I can't expect my client to call me to run a sql query every time they run a free shipping special for a specific category of products!).
4 年 前
Hello @beefydog,

did you find a solution to this problem?

I found your reference note here, but the suggested solution by @mhsjaber does not work: https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic/74374/how-to-create-a-free-shipping-for-products-in-a-specific-category

Thanks,
Pranay.
4 年 前
Read what I wrote on that prior topic
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/topic/74374/how-to-create-a-free-shipping-for-products-in-a-specific-category#251440.

Provide your requirements, including needs regarding  "...multiple items in the cart ...', '...offering different shipping methods'..., etc. so that we can help find a solution.
4 年 前
ppranayy,  Not yet.  I'm writing a plug-in (can't afford to pay thousands for a custom solution) and will post it.  I'm really surprised the built in discounts with Nop doesn't have something like this already since every other cart on the Internet does. The "Discounts" area is convoluted and confusing, for starters and, from a vendors point of view, makes no sense.
4 年 前
I just realized that setting the IsFreeShipping won't work because it's free shipping for ALL shipment types, so I need to create a discount or another table to handle the following:
FreeShipping assigned to specific products AND for specific states/provinces.  For example, I only want free shipping for domestic deliveries (domestic being 48 states in the USA) - all other areas, shipping is normal.  The hard part is that I use flat rate shipping everywhere (based on the weight of the product) and there is no way to separate the individual states (Fixed or By Weight and By Total).
Basically, unless I can figure out how to have a plugin for another plugin, this would require a completely new shipping module for starters! This is why no one has created such a plug in yet.
4 年 前
I thought I had the problem licked by using Discounts (instead of Free Shipping flag on each product), via adding the Discount requirements "Customer has one of these products in the cart" and ANDing it with the "Shipping country is" Requirement (I created another Country called "United States - Alaska & Hawaii" to partition out those 2 states that won't have free shipping and removed Alaska& Hawaii from original "United State" country), then choosing all the products in the category.  It would seem to work, however, it applied the 100% Shipping discount to the entire order instead of just applying the 100% Shipping discount for those specific products.  
What I need is another Discount Type altogether, such as "Assigned To Product Shipping" that only affects the shipping costs on a product by product basis, with the ability to add the other requirements as found.
Currently, we have:
Assigned to order total
Assigned to products
Assigned to categories
Assigned to manufacturers
Assigned to shipping  <-- only for shipping total, not individual products
Assigned to order subtotal
4 年 前
In nopCommerce, there really is no such concept as "shipping costs on a product by product basis", except in regards to free shipping - i.e. you use the product's IsFreeShipping which prevents that product (and thus weight/dimension ) from being sent to the shipping rate plugin.

RE: "...FreeShipping assigned to specific products AND for specific states/provinces. "
RE: "... there is no way to separate the individual states (Fixed or By Weight and By Total)."
If you toggle for mode "By Weight / Total", then you can configure State/Province specific rates.  You could use Warehouses to handle "specific products".

Shipping Director (which can act like a " plugin for another plugin" to also call other shipping rate plugins), can probably do what you want.  (And, it does not cost "thousands" ;)   If you can't work it out with "Fixed or By Weight and By Total", contact us at support at noptools.com with all your requirements, and we can help you configure it.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.