Widget to add new editable properties to admin products

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
Hi.
Are there any samples on how to built a widget to enable editing of new properties in admin products.
I gather the event publishing is involved somewhere.

I want to add a new tab in admin products to hold editors for some new properties.
When the user clicks save, the validation and save of my widget should be called and if my widget save fails, the product save should fail too.

I'm quite well versed at creating plugins and widgets, but just dont know how to structure this to fit in with the events for save and validate kind of thing
Thanks
3 年 前
Hi @bluerocksystems, did you find a solutions to this?

I'm interested in finding out if there is a recommended way of doing this too.

I have some new properties that I need to add (via a new entity) and also need to give the option of selecting some items from another table.

All I can think of doing at the moment is to hijack the click event of the save (and save-continue) button, save my new properties and if successful then proceed with saving the rest. It seems a bit messy to me. It also means that you can't add the new properties at the same time as adding the product.

Thanks
3 年 前
Hi.
You can look how this was done in Avalara plugin.

Here the custom properties of the model are prepared for view and here they are saved after user input.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.