Marketplace Themes gone?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
Hi,

I was wondering if I had missed something out ... I noticed that when I search themes on the marketplace e.g. for version 4.20 allmost only themes from one company show up... when I searched for themes some months ago there was many more. What happend?

Kind regards,
Stephan
3 年 前
Now, vendors need to pay for publishing plugin.
3 年 前
schurig wrote:
What happend?

Just this.
This same effect with plugins, not only themes.

Regards,
Tom
nopCommerce Solution Partner
3 年 前
Hello schurig,

If you not found such theme or plugin that you saw before. then go to solution partner page

Then you can find direct vendors site from there you can easily get plugin or theme.

Hope the idea will help you.

Thanks,
Jatin
3 年 前
Vendors should pay to publish their plugins. The Market place becomes very poor of plugins and this will affect the NopCommerce customer! Any one who needs to use NopCommerce will look for plugins and recently he will not find what he needs in the Marketplace because most of the plugins were unpublished!
3 年 前
Oh, I see, ... well, did the nop team note why they charge purely on publishing items and not per sold items? This would be fairer (but of course only when there is a reliable mechanism that customers buy the items in the nop store and do not go to the store of the vendor).

Since so many vendors disappeard in the marketplace, it is obvious that the this type of charging system is not widley accepted. That's a pity - the success and spread of nopCommerce will strongly depend of the available plugins, which is an indicator how popular (thus future-proof) a software is.
3 年 前
schurig wrote:
... did the nop team note why they charge purely on publishing items and not per sold items? This would be fairer (but of course only when there is a reliable mechanism that customers buy the items in the nop store and do not go to the store of the vendor).

Yes, most vendors sell on their own store, so nopCommerce has no way to know what the sales are.   Here's an excerpt of the email the vendors received:

...As you know, we have done a tremendous job recently to get the nopCommerce marketplace better:
introduced the new approval process for all plugins on our marketplace
removed all outdated and low-quality plugins
We got much good feedback from our vendors on positive changes related to our marketplace clean-up initiative. And many of them noted that cleaning up the marketplace increased the clients’ confidence, demand, and the conversion rate for their products.

We now have to introduce a small fee for plugin publishing on the nopCommerce marketplace, so that our team can curate content and maintain the necessary review and approval process to ensure a high-quality experience for merchants, and a healthy ecosystem for plugin vendors.

To keep it fair and avoid reducing our vendors’ income, we decided to set a small fixed payment for plugin publishing. We don’t want to introduce a huge 30-50% commission share like other marketplaces do (e.g. magento or opencart) because we think that it’s a robbery. It also means that you won’t have to pay more with the sales increase. We won’t be an intermediary in payment receipts from your clients, which means you will get your payments directly and without delays (like you did it before).

Please learn more about the conditions of plugin publishing on the nopCommerce marketplace at  https://www.nopcommerce.com/credits . You can also see the estimate on how much it'll cost for you after September 1st at the same page.
3 年 前
Well, actually I do understand it, from a developers and a business point of view. Nobody want's to work for free. On the other hand it's no good, when everything comes to standstill because of this. Maybe the charging system needs some improvements, e.g. coupling charges on the price of the plugins or any other possibilty to gather (a small amount) of free credit points...
3 年 前
When I 'discussed' it with Andrei, I suggested
a) lower cost for low-cost plugins  (e.g. some plugins only sell for 9.99 or 19.99)
b) free credits for MVPs ;)
c) discounts for long term credit purchases (6 mo, 1 year)
They only went with the latter.
3 年 前
schurig wrote:

Since so many vendors disappeard in the marketplace, it is obvious that the this type of charging system is not widley accepted. That's a pity - the success and spread of nopCommerce will strongly depend of the available plugins, which is an indicator how popular (thus future-proof) a software is.

Yes, completely agree with this. The success of nopCommerce strongly depends on availability of plugins!!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.