Marketplace Themes gone?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
Guys,
I want to write my minds:
1. I have more 80 plugins now at nopcommerce marketplace, I think I am the one of the bigger vendors of plugins for nopcommerce :).
2. Don't forgot that nopcommerce gave us an opportunity to do our business and to earn money.
3. nop team spent many time, effort and money for improving the performance of nop 4.30. Now we have very fast eCommerce platform. This fast and flexible eCommerce platform will give us the new customers and more money.
4. All vendors use nopcommerce marketplace for earning money. It's reasonable that we need to pay for it. Look for eBay and Amazon :).
5. I am sure that nop team will use this money for improving future releases of nopcommerce.
6. I have a lot of plugins and most plugins I sell several times per year. It's not reasonable to pay for these not popular plugins for me but I saw that I need to do it. Why?
a) I want to show to my customers that I have a lot of plugins, It's my portfolio
b) I want to show to possible customers of nopcommerce that nopcommerce has a lot of extensions.  I am interesting to populate the nopcommerce. New customers of nopcommerce == new  customers of my business.
7. to pay per day or to  pay per purchase. I think it's better to pay day (month). I use the nopcommerce marketplace for my portfolio.

At last
New customers of nopcommerce  == new customers for my and your business
We need to help nop team to improve nopcommerce
We need to help nop team to populate nopcommerce
3 年 前
As I read almost all posts for this topic, majority of vendor doesn't find this change viable, vendor community is not quite happy, but as a nopcommerce being one of the great solution for ecommerce in .net space, I would be happy if nopcommerce make it win-win proposition to ease the tension making way for vendor to list at certain good price point or by any other mechanism standard as world uses like pay per sale or anything which make revenue for nopcommerce as well as vendor,  to create balance.

looking forward to see such solution in near future

thanks,
Sameer
3 年 前
Hi guys,

Let us share our opinion on the latest changes in the Marketplace.

We believe that the Marketplace must be the most premium place for extensions where store owners need to know that everything there comes with a certain quality and trust.
You judge a platform by the quality of the available extensions and that is why a premium Marketplace is a must.
If an extension does not justify $5 paid to nopCommerce for it then probably its place is not in the Marketplace.

This is also a good wake-up call for every vendor.
We should carefully consider now which extensions are worth the $5 per month and which we should simply stop (if they don't worth the $5 per month). We better invest our time and money in extensions that are really valuable, right?

So we think that the latest changes in the Marketplace are for the good of nopCommerce and it is up to us (the Vendors) to decide what to leave in the Marketplace and what to sell on our own websites. This way the Marketplace will regulate itself and it will be much easier for the nopCommerce team to support it. The approval process is a lot of work and we all want the nopCommere team to spend more of their precious time developing our favorite nopCommerce platform, right?

Thanks,
Boyko
3 年 前
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hi guys,

Let us share our opinion on the latest changes in the Marketplace.

We believe that the Marketplace must be the most premium place for extensions where store owners need to know that everything there comes with a certain quality and trust.
You judge a platform by the quality of the available extensions and that is why a premium Marketplace is a must.
If an extension does not justify $5 paid to nopCommerce for it then probably its place is not in the Marketplace.

We should carefully consider now which extensions are worth the $5 per month and which we should simply stop (if they don't worth the $5 per month). We better invest our time and money in extensions that are really valuable, right?

So we think that the latest changes in the Marketplace are for the good of nopCommerce and it is up to us (the Vendors) to decide what to leave in the Marketplace and what to sell on our own websites. This way the Marketplace will regulate itself and it will be much easier for the nopCommerce team to support it. The approval process is a lot of work and we all want the nopCommere team to spend more of their precious time developing our favorite nopCommerce platform, right?

Thanks,
Boyko

Totally agreed Boyko.

Best regards,
Atul
3 年 前
Agree with Boyko and Atul too.
3 年 前
Hi,

We all respect the effort that have done by NopCommerce team. I believe we all agree on that they deserve to get some money from the vendors BUT most of us disagree on the mechanism.

Some of vendors their sells seem very high such as Nop-Templates so they don't mind to pay that amount of money, but many of the vendors are not. I am telling you that having poor marketplace will affect all of vendors.

I suggest to have the following suggestion:

1- To have a one-time fee such as $60 per year.
2- To have 2 marketplace, Premium and Common market places. To have your plugin at premium, you need to pay, so customers know that Premium market  place has the best plugins. Common market place is for plugins for vendor who doesn't need to pay any fees. NopCommerce can put a note that Premium marketplace has the best and trusted plugins.
3 年 前
foxnetsoft wrote:
It's reasonable that we need to pay for it.

Nobody is against this. Just the way of calculation is a matter of discussion here...

foxnetsoft wrote:
New customers of nopcommerce == new  customers of my business.

That is the key, and is much more worth to see also other users view of this matter.
schurig wrote:
If I hadn't found the plugins, I would have probably closed the browser window immediately with the conclusion that nop Commerce is not popular at all and moved to another software.

We know that is not the single word, some companies we contact decided NOT to complete with nopCommerce because of missing plugins important for them. Even know customers who migrate from nopCommerce to other platforms because of missing plugins. Of course, we have also customers who decided to run nopCommerce because of .NET, but the number is not as high as customers not interested in. Now imagine, that was BEFORE the marketplace has been cleared. Since then, two weeks have passed away, have you found any new customer interested with nopCommece? We do not, even questions about the platform are smaller now. What is our main concern about changes in the marketplace, is the popularity of this platform will not be this same as was. And this will affect all vendors' sales and the nopCommerce team.

Nop-Templates.com wrote:
We should carefully consider now which extensions are worth the $5 per month and which we should simply stop

Suppose that is already done by each vendor without changes in the marketplace. If the plugin is not sales, developers will stop support and selling it. The discussion here is about the number of plugins and presentation to new users, and question - is this new user will find what is looking? Or just skip this platform and choose another one?
Look at the marketplace now, look at the integrations. Just 10 plugins. Think that potential new customers will find what are looking for?

ahmadkq wrote:
I am telling you that having poor marketplace will affect all of vendors.

Agree. Even if nopCommerce stay with this model, it will affect all vendors.

Regards,
Tomasz
3 年 前
ahmadkq wrote:

1- To have a one-time fee such as $60 per year.
2- To have 2 marketplace, Premium and Common market places. To have your plugin at premium, you need to pay, so customers know that Premium market  place has the best plugins. Common market place is for plugins for vendor who doesn't need to pay any fees. NopCommerce can put a note that Premium marketplace has the best and trusted plugins.

Yes, this sounds like a reasonable approach...
3 年 前
nop4you wrote:

Suppose that is already done by each vendor without changes in the marketplace. If the plugin is not sales, developers will stop support and selling it. The discussion here is about the number of plugins and presentation to new users, and question - is this new user will find what is looking? Or just skip this platform and choose another one?

Exactly.

Moreover, in current situation there is no scope of publishing a plugin that has lesser scope which address a special requirements. In this case, only most common plugins will be published and there won't be much variety in the plugins released in market place.

Moreover, it's not about plugins or themes or one or some vendors. It's about the nopCommerce community and as we see, this is already impacting the vendors & nopCommerce too.

nop4you wrote:

Look at the marketplace now, look at the integrations. Just 10 plugins. Think that potential new customers will find what are looking for?

Completely agree with you Tomasz. I also believe this is the only concern as of now that needs to be addressed quickly.

Regards,

Krunal
3 年 前
>nop4you and nopAccelerate.com

I don't agree with you.
1. Nopcommerce is the brand now and new customers know about nopcommerce, magento, opencart, etc.
2. New customers don't check the list of plugins at nopcommerce marketplace.
3. Each of vendor has own list of plugins and uses them for integrations (new instances). The vendor doesn't publish all plugins.
4. Only existing nop customers check the nopcommerce marketplace. These customers know about everything about each of vendors.
5. I think that the quality of plugins from nop marketplace must be better. I spoke with nop customers and they wrote to me that the big problem was looking for the working plugins (without bugs). Ex. nop marketplace had 20-25 sliders but most of them had bugs and issues.
6. The current payment model in the nop marketplace has changed the vendor's attitude towards new plugin development. The new market place will be batter now.

I though about payment model for nop marketplace. The current logic is more useful for everyone.
1. Pay fee for each purchase. Magento uses this logic and vendors hate it. This mode will leave most plugins with bugs in the nop marketplace and nop team will have problems with refunds.
2. One time payment pay year/month. We have the same payment model now (9$ per month for one plugin). You can pay one time for one year.
3. What money do you need to pay for one plugin?
0.5$*30*0.6(40% discount)=9$ per month  - first 10 plugins
0.3$*30*0.6(40% discount)=5.4$ per month  - after 20 plugins
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.