Marketplace Themes gone?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
foxnetsoft wrote:
>
2. New customers don't check the list of plugins at nopcommerce marketplace.

I am sorry, this is totally wrong, and I think you know that. Nobody will go for a ecommerce system when e.g. the required payment plugins are not available. Absolutely nobody.
3 年 前
I don't agree with you.
Do you think that the customer has to check payment methods, shipping methods, GA tracking codes, integrations with Facebook and Google and many many others features?
3 年 前
foxnetsoft wrote:
1. Nopcommerce is the brand now and new customers know about nopcommerce, magento, opencart, etc.

And? New customers search for the platform, choose depend on multiple points, one of is possible to extend the standard features list - by plugins.

foxnetsoft wrote:
2. New customers don't check the list of plugins at nopcommerce marketplace.

Are you sure about it? You may speak here with @schurig. And he is not separate in this matter.

foxnetsoft wrote:
4. Only existing nop customers check the nopcommerce marketplace. These customers know about everything about each of vendors.

False. Some of our customers before setting up the first store has asked about plugins with URL to the nopCommerce marketplace.

foxnetsoft wrote:
nop marketplace had 20-25 sliders but most of them had bugs and issues.

That is a bit different story, however also very important. Nobody at this tread is against payment which will effect review plugins by nopTeam. Discuss here, again, is about the way of calculation and final cost for a vendor.

foxnetsoft wrote:
The current logic is more useful for everyone.

Most vendors at this tread think the opposite.

foxnetsoft wrote:
3. What money do you need to pay for one plugin?

According to your calculation, to publish 20 plugins, each vendor needs to pay over 1200$ every year. That is a cost without support, without developing process. And that is cost, which may not be returnable to the vendor, even if plugins are valuable but simply sales of those are smaller.
That is because of nopCommerce community is not as large as Magento for example.  
And because of the marketplace model community may be smaller each year from now. And this will affect sales for all vendors.

Regards,
Tomasz
3 年 前
foxnetsoft wrote:
I don't agree with you.
Do you think that the customer has to check payment methods, shipping methods, GA tracking codes, integrations with Facebook and Google and many many others features?

So, you think customers can select a platform that hasn't plugins meet their requirements! while other platforms do!
3 年 前
foxnetsoft wrote:
I don't agree with you.

I think you don't necessarily need to agree to anyone.

The fact is that having more plugins and themes in marketplace will be in favor of nopCommerce, its vendors like you, me and all other vendors... as people check this before selecting the platform. To those who already knows the platform, for them, not having all plugins in marketplace will not make a difference. But to those who are evaluating the platform, this will surely make a difference. And in-fact this is one of the important criteria of choosing the platform.
3 年 前
@foxnetsoft

Please see my personal experience above. My decision whether to propose nopCommerce as a reasonable ecommerce system strongly depends on the available plugins. And (that's why I started this thread) I've naturally thought the marketplace to be the complete and only  repository of available plugins - if it doesn't exist there, then it does not exist at all.

Moreover, in a particular case I can also tell you, that a customer of mine - after I had told him, that nopCommerce is the system I work with, he said to me ... "Great, website looks good and the required (payment) plugins are also listed".

That's the bottom line, at least for me.

Kind regards, Stephan
3 年 前
>nop4you
You forgot to calculate for 10 years, it will be 12000$.

>ahmadkq
nop customers want to have stable and fast ecommerce system. Do you know how to filter "bad plugins" from nop marketplace?

>nopAccelerate.com
Each of vendor has many own plugins and don't publish them in nop marketplace. Customers don't know about them. Each of vendor has own site and customers can look for vendors plugins using Google Search.

>schurig
I didn't do the new nop instances. I speak with customer after some times and I saw three kind of customer:
1. The dev team recommenced the nopcommerce. The dev team know about all vendors and has a lot of own plugins.
2. The customer investigated nopcommerce community himself.
3. Migrated from Magento, OpenCart, Shopify, etc because old ecommerce system was very expensive/slow/buggy.

Nop team has to filter plugins with bugs, how to do it? Each of vendor will it it himself.
3 年 前
foxnetsoft wrote:
You forgot to calculate for 10 years.

I will keep my year calculation, as the year is the period for the amortization development process. At this case need to add value for a year. You may calculate for a decade if prefer.

foxnetsoft wrote:
I saw three kind of customer:

I would add the fourth one - Migrated from nopCommerce. Do not believe it? Check showcase.

foxnetsoft wrote:
Nop team has to filter plugins with bugs.

No one is against. No one is against a fee. Just way of calculation fee is the subject of discussion here.

Regards,
Tomasz
3 年 前
nop4you
I don't agree with you about free plugins. When a customer starts to use the free plugin he realizes that he will be without support and he will solve all possible bugs himself.
I know many free plugins without bugs and with good support :), but these plugins have such good support because another customers pay for it and the developer of the module can afford it.
I see no reason to argue because we look to this situation from different sides.
3 年 前
Hello to you, great supporters of the NopCommerce solution.

It's so sad to see the impact of this new business model on the community. Each of you have good points and concerns. Without the contribution of many of you, I would never have been able to implement NopCommerce as a complete solution.

I hope that during these difficult times, you will find a way to restore the harmony which makes a community a community.

As a solution provider, the availability of reliable and supported plugins is a major criterion in selecting a solution.

For some, your income allows you to pay without knowing your profits. For others, it is a concern and both points of view are good.

It's the same with some of my clients. Due to the COVID-19 situation, some prefer to close temporary knowing how much they are losing per month while others prefer to continue operating without knowing how much they will earn ... or lose per month. Everyone has their own business model and accepts the risks.

I hope that a solution will be found quickly for the happiness of everyone.

Take care of yourself.

Erik
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.