SUGGESTION: Alternate interface for editing product tags

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
Hello-

I'd like to suggest an alternate interface for editing product tags. Sites with many product tags must currently spend hours to ascertain which of their products have which product tags configured. Rather than need to go into each product page, it could be done in reverse much more efficiently.

I am suggesting that on the current Product Tags screen where we have a number telling us how many products are tagged with each tag, that number value (or another button) should be linked to a list (pop-up page maybe? )of all published products, along with checkboxes. The checkbox is checked for each product currently using that tag.

It should allow admins to check or uncheck any products and "Apply changes" all at once...making the job infinitely easier and faster to do.

Even if it ends up being too processor intensive to loop through all checked products and update accordingly, a second-best option would be to at least pop-up a page showing a list of each product currently set to use that tag...and each product name linked to the edit product screen.
3 年 前
RE:  "pop-up page maybe? )of all published products, along with checkboxes."

I can't imagine it would be any more manageable if there are many products in the catalog.  (I.e. showing thousands of products on a page with a checkbox next to each).

Consider using Export/Import ;)
3 年 前
Thanks. We'll think about it, here is a work item.
3 年 前
Besides the fact that a way to see which of your products are tagged with each tag would be vastly quicker than needing to edit each product to see what its tags are, controlling the creation and usage of tags is critical importance to returning quality search results

We will configure all possible tags, then while editing each product, we will choose from those already created tags.

Otherwise, we slowly end up with very many "similar" tags in the database....and low quality results in a tag search...

Example:  One admin puts a tag on a product like "athletes foot" and another admin puts a tag on another product, like "athlete's foot"....and on some different products, one admin put "athletes feet"....then we have only one product in the results for each tag, but all of those products  should be returned in the same tag results....so controlling data entry is important.

Import/Export won't cut it, as the folks who manage inventory want to see the product photos and details when selecting the most appropriate tags for them..assigning appropriate tags is mainly a visual task...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.