nopCommerce 4.40 - Bug fixes and improvements

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
3 年 前
untiedshoes wrote:
@UntiedShoes
Did you ever check the System > Log to see if any errors, or any "Application started" messages?

With 4.30 I used to a lot of completely random restarts.

I've just checked both 4.40 sites (release & beta, both haven't been touched since, my last load tests) and both restarted when I went onto them, even though the keep alive scheduled task is running.

These 2 issues are very important to fix. We have webshops that has campaigns all the times with newsletters and facebook posts. So the stress test log you posted for 4.4 doesnt look too good.

I have multiple clients all running different versions of nopCommerce, but I have one, one very very important client that runs a large, multi-store (the very first, 3.00 multi-store to go live). Since that store was launched, we've had so many issues with the sites going down under load.

The sites are for football clubs, and when there's a new kit launch, sale etc, traffic to the websites can increase in very large amounts, over a very short period... this can bring them down. The client has invested heavily over the years, upgrading the server to what we have now (details in my original post).

Once this initial surge is over, the sites can easily handle 600/700 on a site at a time (via analytics) without even noticing it. I moved this client from 4.00, to 4.30 last year, and to be honest, I wish I never had.

I did have huge hopes for all the async work that's been done, which from testing the beta version, it looked like big improvements had been made, but testing release, it looks like a huge step back.

Craig

Sorry to hear that. Lets hope they are able to find out why beta was faster on "high" load.

Were u able to find a possible cause when checking the commits?
3 年 前
hkbits wrote:
@UntiedShoes
Did you ever check the System > Log to see if any errors, or any "Application started" messages?

I've just checked both 4.40 sites (release & beta, both haven't been touched since, my last load tests) and both restarted when I went onto them, even though the keep alive scheduled task is running.

These 2 issues are very important to fix. We have webshops that has campaigns all the times with newsletters and facebook posts. So the stress test log you posted for 4.4 doesnt look too good.

I have multiple clients all running different versions of nopCommerce, but I have one, one very very important client that runs a large, multi-store (the very first, 3.00 multi-store to go live). Since that store was launched, we've had so many issues with the sites going down under load.

The sites are for football clubs, and when there's a new kit launch, sale etc, traffic to the websites can increase in very large amounts, over a very short period... this can bring them down. The client has invested heavily over the years, upgrading the server to what we have now (details in my original post).

Once this initial surge is over, the sites can easily handle 600/700 on a site at a time (via analytics) without even noticing it. I moved this client from 4.00, to 4.30 last year, and to be honest, I wish I never had.

I did have huge hopes for all the async work that's been done, which from testing the beta version, it looked like big improvements had been made, but testing release, it looks like a huge step back.

Craig

Sorry to hear that. Lets hope they are able to find out why beta was faster on "high" load.

Were u able to find a possible cause when checking the commits?

Indeed!

I haven't as yet, but hoping to start maybe looking through them today. Someone else has done some testing with similar results over on Github.

https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5461
3 年 前
untiedshoes wrote:

If the App is restarting (whether on purpose, or that's related to underlying problem) then it does not seem that your stress test is valid, because page access after a startup is certainly going to be slower.

(P.S.  Please be mindful of using 'Quote' to reply to post.  It's really hard to read this thread when there are quotes of quotes of quotes ;)
3 年 前
New York wrote:
If the App is restarting (whether on purpose, or that's related to underlying problem) then it does not seem that your stress test is valid, because page access after a startup is certainly going to be slower.

(P.S.  Please be mindful of using 'Quote' to reply to post.  It's really hard to read this thread when there are quotes of quotes of quotes ;)

Agreed, which is why I'll not do a stress test without first going through various pages on the site after a restart, however, the app isn't restarting (during or after) a load test.

I left the site overnight, then came to it this morning, and it restarted. It hasn't restarted once today, without me physically restarting it.

Thanks,
Craig
3 年 前
untiedshoes wrote:
Serious degradation in performance between this new Release and the Beta under load.

After initially testing 4.40 Beta on 25th Feb, I was actually impressed with the performance under load compared with 4.30, but something has happened from Beta to Release which has seriously affected the performance under load (Response Times are dreadful compared to Beta!).

I know how much work the team have put into this release, so I don’t want to come across as bashing it, but I do want to point out the serious degradation in high load performance between beta and release.

Hi Craig,

I also did some load tests with the Beta back in February and was impressed as it was performing much better than 4.30.  I still haven't had a chance to test the official 4.40 version as we are quite busy with the upgrade of all our products at the moment but will do so as soon as possible.

If you are right about this then I think next time nopCommerce should release another BETA (same as what they did for nopCommerce 4.3) maybe a week prior to the official version release and do a code freeze so that we can have time to catch such issues on time prior to the official release.
Currently, nopCommerce 4.4 is released but there are no Shipping, Payment plugins, etc. for it so no one can really use it at the moment so I don't see any point in rushing the releases next time.
It will also give time for the vendors to prepare their plugins and at the time of the official release, there will be much more plugins available and immediately take advantage of the new release.

Thanks,
Boyko
3 年 前
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hi Craig,

I also did some load tests with the Beta back in February and was impressed as it was performing much better than 4.30.  I still haven't had a chance to test the official 4.40 version as we are quite busy with the upgrade of all our products at the moment but will do so as soon as possible.

If you are right about this then I think next time nopCommerce should release another BETA (same as what they did for nopCommerce 4.3) maybe a week prior to the official version release and do a code freeze so that we can have time to catch such issues on time prior to the official release.
Currently, nopCommerce 4.4 is released but there are no Shipping, Payment plugins, etc. for it so no one can really use it at the moment so I don't see any point in rushing the releases next time.
It will also give time for the vendors to prepare their plugins and at the time of the official release, there will be much more plugins available and immediately take advantage of the new release.

Thanks,
Boyko

Hi Boyko,

It looks like I may have found the issue, and working with the team at the moment, but initial tests look better.

But yes, I completely agree with you - there should be a final beta as such.

I'll get back to you soon.

Thanks,
Craig
3 年 前
Looking forward to hear what the issue is
3 年 前
If you want to keep up with where we're at, have a look over on GitHub (from here down): https://github.com/nopSolutions/nopCommerce/issues/5461#issuecomment-797392721
3 年 前
Hi guys,

In nopCommerce 4.40 the text of multiple specification values is comma-separated, but we noticed that the commas are added even if the values are "attribute squares" and not text. Here is a screenshot of how the product page is currently looking in DefaultClean theme - the layout is a bit messy.
We found the same issue on product details pages and on compare products pages.

Can you please change the commas to be added only for text values, but not for color squares?

Thanks,
Boyko
3 年 前
Nop-Templates.com wrote:
Hi guys,

In nopCommerce 4.40 the text of multiple specification values is comma-separated, but we noticed that the commas are added even if the values are "attribute squares" and not text. Here is a screenshot of how the product page is currently looking in DefaultClean theme - the layout is a bit messy.
We found the same issue on product details pages and on compare products pages.

Can you please change the commas to be added only for text values, but not for color squares?

Thanks,
Boyko

Thanks, here is a work item.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.