nopCommerce 4.40.4 - Cannot Compile Solution Source Code

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 年 前
Hello...

I have downloaded the latest, available source-code package of nopCommerce.

I have Visual studio 2019 16.11.6 installed along with ASP.NET .NET Core 5.0.

When I try to build\compile the solution I receive thousands of Nuget package errors.  If I simply try to run the solution under IISExpress, I get about 8 or so errors stating that the "project.targets.json" file cannot be found and I need to install it using the Nuget Package Manager.

All of the Nuget package dependencies are showing the corresponding objects with exclamation icons, meaning something is wrong with their build or access.  If I try to rectify the issue manually by using the Nuget Package Manager, either re-installing or uninstalling, nothing happens.

Cannot someone explain why I am getting these issues?  I have checked everything with my Nuget access in another web project and everything is fine.

Thank you...

Steve Naidamast / Black Falcon Software
2 年 前
You downloaded the current Source Code release from here
https://www.nopcommerce.com/en/download-nopcommerce
2 年 前
Yes, I did...

In the interim I installed the .NET 50 Core Hosting Service and the .NET 5.0 Core SDK.

These installation appeared to eliminate the majority of the errors with the exception of the  "project.assets.json" file not found error.

I had had the .NET 5.0 Core Framework installed so I did not realize that I had to do both of the above installs as well.
2 年 前
I have resolved the issues with my nopCommerce source code compile...

The problem comprised of 2 issues...

(1)
My NuGet Package Manager had the incorrect link for NuGet.org, which should have been pointing to the NuGet online repository.  This was a result of another issue I was trying to resolve with support from the Syncfusion Group regarding their Blazor Components installation, which was not working properly.

(2)
There was a NuGet package resource that no longer existed on my machine.  It took me a while to get it removed from the NuGet package resource listing.  It should be noted that there are two listings here in the NuGet Pack Manager that have to be considered when removing such resources.  The first list is the one most people are looking at in the upper part of the NuGet Package Manager display.  This list will in fact contain both the local and machine-wide resources.  If in this case, you need to remove a machine-wide resource, you must do it twice; once from the upper list, and second, from the machine-wide list which is found in the lower panel.  If you do not remove it from the lower panel listing, it will continue to drive you crazy (if as in my case is causing an issue) until you do...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.