Customer registration - Country code before phone number

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
2 年 前
Hi

I would like to suggest that a feature be added to the customer/address registration form. The feature would basically be that when a customer is registering or adding an address that a country code option be available before typing in the phone number.

It would make everything cleaner since customers either type their phone number with or without the country code.

For example

--or--

I would also like to suggest that the input field for phone numbers be restricted to numeric values since a lot of autofill options sometimes put something entirely different in those fields (names, comments etc.).
2 年 前
yes this feature is pretty needed . i do modification for  one of my client.
2 年 前
I agree, I needed to develop this feature for one of my clients too.
I integrated this component, using _geoLookupService.LookupCountryIsoCode(_webHelper.GetCurrentIpAddress()) to set the initialCountry.

I think it's very important, since many international couriers require the phone number of the recipient with international prefix. Moreover, since we use it, phone numbers are always stored clean and well formatted, while before was a bit of a mess, because each customer used to type the number in his own way.

OTH wrote:

I would also like to suggest that the input field for phone numbers be restricted to numeric values since a lot of autofill options sometimes put something entirely different in those fields (names, comments etc.).

I think this could be addressed using "tel" type leaving the browser the hard work, as in #5041 which is included in 4.50.
2 年 前
matteo.melli wrote:
I agree, I needed to develop this feature for one of my clients too.
I integrated this component, using _geoLookupService.LookupCountryIsoCode(_webHelper.GetCurrentIpAddress()) to set the initialCountry.

I think it's very important, since many international couriers require the phone number of the recipient with international prefix. Moreover, since we use it, phone numbers are always stored clean and well formatted, while before was a bit of a mess, because each customer used to type the number in his own way.

I think this could be addressed using "tel" type leaving the browser the hard work, as in #5041 which is included in 4.50.

Hi can you share the code of using nop geo look up service  to set the country.

As the plugin you mentioned (intl-tel-input) is usng ipinfo.io to fetch the county based on IP.
I want to avoid this and use nops own geo look up service.

And share the tips/problems you encountered while integrating this plugin.

Thanks,
Sateesh M
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.