Error upgrading from 4.30 to 4.40.0

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
1 年 前
I'm getting a 500.30 browser error when upgrading from version 4.30 to version 4.40 I have enabled the stdout logs and this is the error I am getting.

Unhandled exception. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.<>c.<InitializePlugins>b__14_3(PluginDescriptor pd) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.cs:line 562
   at System.Linq.Enumerable.SelectManySingleSelectorIterator`2.MoveNext()
   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1.InsertRange(Int32 index, IEnumerable`1 collection)
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.InitializePlugins(ApplicationPartManager applicationPartManager, AppSettings appSettings) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.cs:line 362
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ServiceCollectionExtensions.ConfigureApplicationServices(IServiceCollection services, IConfiguration configuration, IWebHostEnvironment webHostEnvironment) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ServiceCollectionExtensions.cs:line 72
   at Nop.Web.Startup.ConfigureServices(IServiceCollection services) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Startup.cs:line 42
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor, Boolean wrapExceptions)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.InvokeCore(Object instance, IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass9_0.<Invoke>g__Startup|0(IServiceCollection serviceCollection)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.Invoke(Object instance, IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.ConfigureServicesBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass8_0.<Build>b__0(IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostBuilder.UseStartup(Type startupType, HostBuilderContext context, IServiceCollection services, Object instance)
   at Microsoft.AspNetCore.Hosting.GenericWebHostBuilder.<>c__DisplayClass13_0.<UseStartup>b__0(HostBuilderContext context, IServiceCollection services)
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.CreateServiceProvider()
   at Microsoft.Extensions.Hosting.HostBuilder.Build()
   at Nop.Web.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Program.cs:line 15
   at Nop.Web.Program.<Main>(String[] args)

Thanks!
Rob
1 年 前
skagitmedia wrote:
Unhandled exception. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Nop.Web.Framework.Infrastructure.Extensions.ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.<>c.<InitializePlugins>b__14_3(PluginDescriptor pd) in C:\andrei\nop_sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web.Framework\Infrastructure\Extensions\ApplicationPartManagerExtensions.cs:line 562

Looks like there is a problem with one of your plugins.

One questions did you copy v4.4 over an exisitng v4.3 directory ?
If so that may cause an issue

otherwise if you have copied in pluigns then
remove any non-standard plugins from the solution
Then later if the website runs you can add them back in one by one to find the issue
1 年 前
Yidna wrote:
Looks like there is a problem with one of your plugins.

One questions did you copy v4.4 over an exisitng v4.3 directory ?
If so that may cause an issue

otherwise if you have copied in pluigns then
remove any non-standard plugins from the solution
Then later if the website runs you can add them back in one by one to find the issue

the only thing I copied over was the dataSettings.json and the plugins.json. By remove do you remove from the plugins folder or from the plugins.json or both?

Appreciate the quick reply. :)

Thanks!
Rob
1 年 前
If you have copied in pluins that are compatible with v4.4 ?
Try plugins.json first

But you have not copied in any  pluigns ?
Just delete plugins.json
1 年 前
Yidna wrote:
If you have copied in pluins that are compatible with v4.4 ?
Try plugins.json first

But you have not copied in any  pluigns ?
Just delete plugins.json

ok deleteing plugins.json brought it online. so do I add the plugins one by one back to the list until it breaks?

Rob
1 年 前
In theory all the standard plugins should work - maybe there was an error in the file
You could unstall oen by one or
Install the plugins you want - then if any errors check the log
1 年 前
Yidna wrote:
In theory all the standard plugins should work - maybe there was an error in the file
You could unstall oen by one or
Install the plugins you want - then if any errors check the log

I think I was able to reinstall all the plugs no problem doing them one by one.

I am checking my list now.. It was mooth sailing up til that point.

Thanks again!

And now I know what to do if this happens again. :)

Cheers!
rob
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.