Upgrade from 2.2 -> 2.3

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
After upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3, my site initially loads without any apparent issues.

Upon clicking on one of the Categories that contains products, the following error occurs:

Line 242:            //get tax rate
Line 243:            var calculateTaxResult = activeTaxProvider.GetTaxRate(calculateTaxRequest);
Line 244:            if (calculateTaxResult.Success)
Line 245:                return calculateTaxResult.TaxRate;

Source File: D:\WEBSITES\nopCommerce\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs    Line: 243

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!
12 years ago
kwotient wrote:
After upgrading from 2.2 to 2.3, my site initially loads without any apparent issues.

Upon clicking on one of the Categories that contains products, the following error occurs:

Line 242:            //get tax rate
Line 243:            var calculateTaxResult = activeTaxProvider.GetTaxRate(calculateTaxRequest);
Line 244:            if (calculateTaxResult.Success)
Line 245:                return calculateTaxResult.TaxRate;

Source File: D:\WEBSITES\nopCommerce\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs    Line: 243

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks!

Log in as an administrator and navigate to the plugin configuration. Install the appropriate tax providers and shipping providers.
12 years ago
Thanks.  I was just looking into that and I found that there are no plugins installed or LISTED on the page at all...

I don't recall having this issue when upgrading previous versions.

My plugins directory still has all the existing plugins (although I noticed they weren't included in the project/solution - are they injected at runtime)

InstalledPlugins.txt has them all listed, but they don't show in the Admin.

Any ideas?
12 years ago
kwotient wrote:
Thanks.  I was just looking into that and I found that there are no plugins installed or LISTED on the page at all...

I don't recall having this issue when upgrading previous versions.

My plugins directory still has all the existing plugins (although I noticed they weren't included in the project/solution - are they injected at runtime)

InstalledPlugins.txt has them all listed, but they don't show in the Admin.

Any ideas?

None of your plugins were updated. Plugins have version information attached to them. They will not run if the nopCommerce version is not supported (e.g. if your nopCommerce version is greater than the version distributed with the plugins). Try updating your plugins folder.
12 years ago
Ouch, I just found out that my Beyond Compare settings weren't catching very minor changes.  The NopVersion.cs file is only 319b and didn't change in size between versions.

Updating the NopVersion.CurrentVersion to 2.3 solved my issue.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
12 years ago
kwotient wrote:
Ouch, I just found out that my Beyond Compare settings weren't catching very minor changes.  The NopVersion.cs file is only 319b and didn't change in size between versions.

Updating the NopVersion.CurrentVersion to 2.3 solved my issue.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

You might find it beneficial to use HG and pull changes from the nopCommerce repository. After the upgrades from 2.1 and 2.2 I started using HG and it definitely made handling upgrades a lot easier.
12 years ago
Great idea, I think it's time to do that since these upgrades take a while to do manually.  Was wondering if nC was in TFS on codeplex...  Do you use VisualHG?
12 years ago
kwotient wrote:
Great idea, I think it's time to do that since these upgrades take a while to do manually.  Was wondering if nC was in TFS on codeplex...  Do you use VisualHG?

It is definitely not using TFS. We use Mercurial (Hg) and for client software you will need TortoiseHg and VisualHg. These are the most common clients to use, but there are many options out there and plenty of documentation to help get you up and running. I just started using Hg only a month or two ago maybe it was in September.
12 years ago
skyler.severns wrote:

It is definitely not using TFS. We use Mercurial (Hg) and for client software you will need TortoiseHg and VisualHg. These are the most common clients to use, but there are many options out there and plenty of documentation to help get you up and running. I just started using Hg only a month or two ago maybe it was in September.

Is  Mercurial (Hg) is used to see the difference between previous and current code ??? , As i dont want to upgrade my current project to 2.3 , what i was looking for a changeset so that i can see where the changes are made and change the code manually.
12 years ago
Yes, it is. Find more info here
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.