NopCommerce 2.4 - MailChimp

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 years ago
I see that version 2.4 has MailChimp support. I have installed version 2.4 and am able to see the MailChimp plugin in my 'Plugins' list. I have an account with MailChimp and have added an API Key from the MailChimp account to NopCommerce. However, I am unable to figure out how to proceed from here. How do I make use of this new functionality from NopCom? Can anyone please shed some light? Many thanks.
12 years ago
Anyone??
12 years ago
MacTech wrote:
Anyone??

Hi MacTech,

The purpose of the MailChimp integration is to synchronize nopCommerce newsletter subscribers with a MailChimp subscription list. Once you have stored the MailChimp API key you should see a drop down list of MailChimp lists.

1. Select your list to synchronize and save.

You have the option to create a scheduled task to synchronize your lists or you can manually synchronize the lists. If this post doesn't cover the information you are looking for could you give more specifics so I can help answer your question.

-Sky
12 years ago
Thanks for your reply Sky! With a little bit of trial and error, I have now figured out how it works. Many thanks!
12 years ago
skyler.severns wrote:
Anyone??

Hi MacTech,

The purpose of the MailChimp integration is to synchronize nopCommerce newsletter subscribers with a MailChimp subscription list. Once you have stored the MailChimp API key you should see a drop down list of MailChimp lists.

1. Select your list to synchronize and save.

You have the option to create a scheduled task to synchronize your lists or you can manually synchronize the lists. If this post doesn't cover the information you are looking for could you give more specifics so I can help answer your question.

-Sky

Hi Sky,

I'm trying to sync over 200k email addresses and not having much luck.

The "initial queue" button worked when there were only a few records. Now it doesn't add anything to the mailchimp account.

The "Manual Sync" button just leaves the page loading for a few hours, then nothing.

Any ideas?

What is the thinking behind the 2 buttons. Surely a sync is a sync?

Darren
12 years ago
I'm trying to configure Mail Chimp and have generated the API Key but have no idea how to generate or where to find the WebHooks key.

Can anyone help with this. Thanks
12 years ago
Using nopCommerce 2.5.

I have entered a valid MailChimp API key.

The plugin has successfully retrieved the MailChimp list and set the Default MailChimp List.

I have the same question about what to enter for the WebHooks Key.  

When I try a manual sync, I get this error:

Manually synchronize nopCommerce newsletter subscribers with MailChimp database
System.ArgumentException: MailChimp list is not specified at Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp.Services.MailChimpApiService.BatchSubscribe(IEnumerable`1 recordList) at Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp.Services.MailChimpApiService.Synchronize() at Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp.Controllers.SettingsController.Sync()
12 years ago
Ok.  After waiting a period of time and re-syncing, it appears to have worked.  Not sure why as I did nothing different.  Perhaps because my MailChimp account was new, not everything was set on that end.

Still curious how the WebHooks key field is intended to be used (still blank on mine), and if there are plans to further enhance this plug-in?
12 years ago
SWW wrote:
...how the WebHooks key field is intended to be used (still blank on mine)...

Webhooks allow you to collect information about events as they happen in near real-time. Please find more info here. For example, once a user unsubscribe from your newsletter on MailChimp site, your nopCommerce will be immediately notified about it. But currently only "unsubscribe" event is supported.

SWW wrote:
...and if there are plans to further enhance this plug-in?

Sure. Do you have any suggestions?
12 years ago
Grab pictures off an RSS feed, Mailchimp is capable, but NopCommerce can't have pictures in RSS yet.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.