NopCommerce 2.4 - MailChimp

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
In nopCommerce ver2.4,  "plugin.misc.mailchimp.queueall" button is not available. MailChimp plugin was installed as a default plugin. But it should  make "dbo.MailChimpEventQueueRecord" table during installation.  So the preset database lacks the table and causes errors. So I added the table by the query as follows.

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[MailChimpEventQueueRecord](
  [Id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,
  [Email] [nvarchar](max) NOT NULL,
  [IsSubscribe] [bit] NOT NULL,
  [CreatedOnUtc] [datetime] NOT NULL,
)

In addition, I could not understand the meaning of "WebHookKey" by "nopCommerce User Guide."  There is a hint in the source of "RouteProvider.cs" in Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp".  It defines "WebHookKey" as follows.

routes.MapRoute("Plugin.Misc.MailChimp.WebHook", "Plugins/MiscMailChimp/WebHook/{webHookKey}",
                new { controller = "WebHooks", action = "index" },
                new[] { "Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp.Controllers" });

So I understand the format of "Callback URL"  as follows.

http://(www.yourstore.com)/Plugins/MiscMailChimp/WebHook/(WebHookKey)

ps. I made a PDF document about MailChimp. It describes the process in Japanese but it includes many figures. So it may help you.

How to use MailChimp in nopCommerce - http://www.digipub-net.com/download/nopCommerce/Pdf/HowToUseMailChimpInNopCommerce01.pdf
11 years ago
Could you "save as HTML", and then Google might be able to translate it :)
11 years ago
New York wrote:
Could you "save as HTML", and then Google might be able to translate it :)

OK. I will translate it into English and open the English version later.

BTW, in nopCommerce 2.65, errors happened by using SQL Server Compact.
11 years ago
i am new to mailchimp, it sounds good & professional, but how many customer mails can be held in the mail list, if i happen to have 1million + emails, can i put into the database and use nopcommerce to Subscribe and Unsubscribe?

do they have additional charge for more services like keywords, area, product? in mailchimp? i am using 2.65 and getting 2.7 later...
11 years ago
tomsuoyaia wrote:
i am new to mailchimp, it sounds good & professional, but how many customer mails can be held in the mail list, if i happen to have 1million + emails, can i put into the database and use nopcommerce to Subscribe and Unsubscribe?

I think it possible. But it will cost you so much because MailChimp is not free of charge if your mail list include over 2000 customers.

http://mailchimp.com/pricing/

tomsuoyaia wrote:

do they have additional charge for more services like keywords, area, product? in mailchimp? i am using 2.65 and getting 2.7 later...

You can add up to 30 fields in your list and it will not cost you.
10 years ago
I have nop 2.7 and have installed the Mailchimp plugin downloaded from the nopcommerce site that is supposedly compatible with nop 2.7. I have successfully entered a valid API key from mail chimp and when I save that in the nopcommerce mailchimp plugin config page it successfully retrieves my default mailing list from mail chimp. When I try to manually sync I get the following error:

------------------------------
System.Data.EntityCommandExecutionException: An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for details. ---> System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'dbo.MailChimpEventQueueRecord'. at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose) at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) --- End of inner exception stack trace --- at System.Data.EntityClient.EntityCommandDefinition.ExecuteStoreCommands(EntityCommand entityCommand, CommandBehavior behavior) at System.Data.Objects.Internal.ObjectQueryExecutionPlan.Execute[TResultType](ObjectContext context, ObjectParameterCollection parameterValues) at System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.GetResults(Nullable`1 forMergeOption) at System.Data.Objects.ObjectQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() at System.Data.Entity.Internal.Linq.InternalQuery`1.GetEnumerator() at System.Data.Entity.Infrastructure.DbQuery`1.System.Collections.Generic.IEnumerable.GetEnumerator() at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source) at Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp.Services.SubscriptionEventQueueingService.GetAll() at Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp.Services.MailChimpApiService.Synchronize() at Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp.Controllers.SettingsController.Sync()

------------------------

--------------------------------------------------

Also, no clear explanation on how to setup the webhooks key has been provided anywhere in this forum or in the documentation. I understand the general idea of a link such as http://www.mystore.com/plugins/miscmailchimp/webhook/webhookkey
But, what is this address actually pointing to? Do I need to create a folder or blank file entitled "webhookkey" (whatever the actual key may be)? Do I create a text file with the name of the webhook key???

ANY HELP IS VERY APPRECIATED, THANKS!!!!!

-----------------------

UPDATE - OK so I figured it out myself, the table MailChimpEventQueueRecord had not been created when I installed the plugin so I had to create the table manually as in ohtsu's  post above. Thanks for posting that! I seem to have it working, at least initially however I am still confused about the web hooks as the code refers to the location "MiscMailChimp" when it should be "Misc.MailChimp" according to the name of the folder that the plugin comes in. The code is missing a . in the middle from what I can tell but I am not the author of the code so I don't know if that is a mistake or not.
10 years ago
It would seem I am always asking for assistance an not helping many yet.

I tried to install the mailchimp 2.4. I used an FTP client to upload.  However, there were 2 folders in the download.
misc.mailchimp
Nop.plugin.misc.mailchimp

1. 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp' directory contains source code.
2. 'Misc.MailChimp' contains binaries. Just drop it into \Plugins directory on your server.

If I drop item 2 into the \Plugins folder, thats simple.
Wher does the item 1 go to?

I guess I have to plead that I don't want to install incorrectly and cause mass failure.

Could someone kindly give me a gentle nudge or just push me?

Mg
10 years ago
CSM-G wrote:
It would seem I am always asking for assistance an not helping many yet.

I tried to install the mailchimp 2.4. I used an FTP client to upload.  However, there were 2 folders in the download.
misc.mailchimp
Nop.plugin.misc.mailchimp

1. 'Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp' directory contains source code.
2. 'Misc.MailChimp' contains binaries. Just drop it into \Plugins directory on your server.

If I drop item 2 into the \Plugins folder, thats simple.
Wher does the item 1 go to?

I guess I have to plead that I don't want to install incorrectly and cause mass failure.

Could someone kindly give me a gentle nudge or just push me?

Mg

You don't install the source code on your site. It's only given to you in case you are interested in making changes to the code.
10 years ago
Ok, I have installed about 5 times now the mailchimp plugin. I am using NOP 3.2 and NOPCommerce Theme Alfresco for 3.2.  Each time I install the Mailchimp plugin, it will error out and tell me that support is aware of the issue and will resolve soon. Or something like that.

I have had no issues ever of installing a plugin but this can't be that difficult.  
FTP into my site.
Upload the NOP.Plungin.Misc.mailchimp folder into my Plugin Folder.

I then go back to the configuration and plugins and reload list of plugins OR just scroll down and each time, it will fail and I would have to go back to the FTP app and delete that plugin folder and everything is back to normal.

Am i installing incorrectly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mg
10 years ago
CSM-G wrote:
Ok, I have installed about 5 times now the mailchimp plugin. I am using NOP 3.2 and NOPCommerce Theme Alfresco for 3.2.  Each time I install the Mailchimp plugin, it will error out and tell me that support is aware of the issue and will resolve soon. Or something like that.

I have had no issues ever of installing a plugin but this can't be that difficult.  
FTP into my site.
Upload the NOP.Plungin.Misc.mailchimp folder into my Plugin Folder.

I then go back to the configuration and plugins and reload list of plugins OR just scroll down and each time, it will fail and I would have to go back to the FTP app and delete that plugin folder and everything is back to normal.

Am i installing incorrectly?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mg

You need to FTP the the Misc.MailChimp folder to your site, not the Nop.Plugin.Misc.MailChimp folder.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.