Running 2.6 in VS 2010

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
if i use the Nuget, then i still have to replace all the references right. i Tried to install the new Fluentvalidation. The foldes was created but the references was still pointing toward the old folders.

If i use a new download, do the changes and build the project. Does i then need to upload more than the binfolder ?
11 years ago
netkravler wrote:
if i use the Nuget, then i still have to replace all the references right

NuGet do all the work for you. Open "Manage NuGet Packages" window for one of your projects referencing FluentValidation. Select "Updates" tab on the left column. Locate FluentValidation and click "update" button. Then do the same for all other projects referencing FluentValidation. Once it's done, re-deploy your solution to the server.

netkravler wrote:
If i use a new download, do the changes and build the project. Does i then need to upload more than the binfolder ?

What new download? What changes? Please clarify. If you change something, then you need to re-upload the changed files and appropriate assemblies. If you don't have enough developer skills and don't know what exactly files have been changed and should be uploaded, then deploy the entire site (all the files). It'll take a bit more time to upload, but will guarantee that everything is uploaded
11 years ago
i have downloaded a brandnew set of files. unspoiled by me. if i build the new one no errors.

if i run the manage nuget packeces for soultions on this, it updates everything with no errors.

When i afterwords build the solution.

i get these errors.

Error  1  The type 'FluentValidation.IValidatorFactory' is defined in an assembly that is not referenced. You must add a reference to assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.3.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66'.  C:\inetpub\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs  90  13  Nop.Web
Error  2  The best overloaded method match for 'FluentValidation.Mvc.FluentValidationModelValidatorProvider.FluentValidationModelValidatorProvider(FluentValidation.IValidatorFactory)' has some invalid arguments  C:\inetpub\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs  90  51  Nop.Web
Error  3  Argument 1: cannot convert from 'Nop.Web.Framework.NopValidatorFactory' to 'FluentValidation.IValidatorFactory'  C:\inetpub\Presentation\Nop.Web\Global.asax.cs  90  94  Nop.Web
Error  4  Metadata file 'C:\inetpub\Presentation\Nop.Web\bin\Nop.Web.dll' could not be found  Nop.Web.MVC.Tests

I have not made that many changes to the solutions so i have choosen to use a new build. my changes are purely visual plus a couple of easy changes.

I am sure i have made so much mess with the old one that a new one i s easier.
11 years ago
Now its finally working(except for the visual stuff.. I wonder if i can send a Bill to Gates to cover my expenses for making something thats is not compatible with older versions. ;-)
11 years ago
netkravler wrote:
I wonder if i can send a Bill to Gates to cover my expenses for making something thats is not compatible with older versions. ;-)

a Bill to Gates? Not sure that I got you. Please clarify
11 years ago
My host stated that Microsoft assured that the new version of :NET 4.5 was fully compatible with the old one. wich It was not . So i just "wonder" if i could send a Bill to Bill Gates, so ha could pay for the misshap. " a Bill to Gates" :-)
11 years ago
Are plugins written to the DB some where. After i hav3e get all up and running. i get an error that a

"A plugin with 'Shipping.GLSPakkeshop' system name is already defined "

I have tried to rebuild it all together so it must be in the DB. i just cant find any tables containing plugin info :-)
11 years ago
No, plugins are not stored into database. Metadata (information) about them are stored in plugin itself - in \Plugins\{PluginName}\Description.txt file.

P.S. Please create new topics for each new question/issue not related to the original one
11 years ago
scottmcd9999 wrote:
I did this:

Opened Tools - Options - IntelliTrace - Modules

and added "*FluentValidation*" to the list. This seems to have resolved the error.

I now see the installation screen when I run the app in Debug mode, as I expected.

--------

Hi Scott,

I tried your method above hoping it would solve the situation with
'        public InstallValidator(IInstallationLocalizationService locService) ' every time i try to run nop.web.

Have you got any other possibilties that could help with this problem?

Daniehsc
11 years ago
a.m. wrote:
i have build my site with the files from this changeset
Procedure or function ProductLoadAllPaged has too many arguments specified...
How exactly have you built the site with the files from this changeset? According to the error stack I you did not properly upgrade to the latest version. You have an old version of [ProductLoadAllPaged] stored procedure. The latest version of nopCommerce on codeplex (which is not released yet) has been changed since 2.60 release. Execute upgrade scripts from the \upgradescripts\2.60-2.70(upcoming)\upgrade.sql file (if you're running version 2.60).

P.S. If you do not want to upgrade to the latest version (keep in mind t's not released yet), then you would recommend you simply to replace FluentVlidation.dll files via NuGet as paulbrown79 suggested above. It's very simple. I personally always do it this way. It will take about 2-3 minutes.

Can you explain "replace FluentVlidation.dll files via NuGet as paulbrown79 suggested above" ?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.