Running 2.6 in VS 2010

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 years ago
For each project referencing the FluentValidation.dll, right-click on the project file in Solution Explorer and click "Manage NuGet Packages" from the context menu for the project.  Then select the "Updates" node in the tree on the left in the Manage NuGet Packages window, find FluentValidation in the list in the middle, and click the Update button.  That's it!
11 years ago
bretfynewever wrote:
For each project referencing the FluentValidation.dll, right-click on the project file in Solution Explorer and click "Manage NuGet Packages" from the context menu for the project.  Then select the "Updates" node in the tree on the left in the Manage NuGet Packages window, find FluentValidation in the list in the middle, and click the Update button.  That's it!

Ok. Thanks, but I have a few clients and each project again to compile project :(
11 years ago
Please see this announcement
11 years ago
hi
i am using nop V2.4 and i also have this problem .

i updated with the nugmangment to 3.4.6
and still have the same problem.
help!!!!!
my site if off line almost 8 hours!!!

i am getting the foloowing err :

Server Error in '/' Application.

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Reflection.ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ReflectionTypeLoadException: Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.]
   System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes(RuntimeModule module) +0
   System.Reflection.RuntimeModule.GetTypes() +4
   System.Reflection.Assembly.GetTypes() +70
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in C:\Users\user\Dropbox\מטפחת פיתוח\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:137

[Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in C:\Users\user\Dropbox\מטפחת פיתוח\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:157

[Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Unable to load one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions property for more information.
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in C:\Users\user\Dropbox\מטפחת פיתוח\nopCommerce_2.40_Source\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:176

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethodsCore(ICollection`1 methods, Func`1 setHostingEnvironmentCultures) +550
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +132
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods(String preStartInitListPath) +90
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.ExecutePreAppStart() +135
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +516

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9896440
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929
11 years ago
pint12 wrote:
i updated with the nugmangment to 3.4.6
Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0

It means that you did not update ALL references for ALL projects which use FluentValidation. Some of your projects still reference FluentValidation 3.2.0.0.
11 years ago
thank you  solve it
11 years ago
This is about the same issue. I had a site hosted by Arvixe that we were just at the point of going live with, then a couple of days ago they upgraded .net and we now have this problem.
I've spent the night trying to fix it but I'm still struggling and could do with some pointers if you don't mind. I'm a BI developer and so this isn't my area, so be kind.

I got version 2.4 of NopCommerce using WebMatrix. When you open a site in web matrix you don't have a visual studio solution and projects, you have folders and files. Even when you open in visual studio, you have the folders and files, no solutions or projects and so I can't follow the guidance that's been given.

I have webmatrix version 2 which has NuGet. I've opened a local version of my site, selected files from the left-hand menu, selected NuGet and installed FluentValidation and FluentValidation.MVC3. I have then republished the site, but it errors

Exception: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)
]

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

There are more, but hopefully the above 2, or my blundering around in the dark comments previously, will highlight the problem.

Is it possible to correct the FluentValidation problem using webmatrix. If it is, I'd really appreciate it if someone could go through the steps.

If I can't get this sorted out the only solution I can see at the moment is upgrading from 2.4 through to the latest version, but as we're due to go live very soon, and I'm not sure if there are upgrade issues that we might face, any help you could give would be much appreciated.
11 years ago
PaulMarshall wrote:
Could not load file or assembly 'FluentValidation, Version=3.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=a82054b837897c66' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference

Please see my answer above (here)
11 years ago
I'm coming to the conclusion that as fantastic as NopCommerce is, it's not for the average Joe. As I mentioned, I'm a BI developer. I know SQL Server backwards, and if you want a cube built, I'm your man.

But I've spent the last 2 days looking for a solution to this problem. Every posting that I find about it does not have the detail that I need, and so I'm still in the dark.

As I mentioned in my previous post. I use WebMatrix, not Visual Studio, to edit my NopCommerce site. If I open my site in Visual Studio, which is quite easy with WebMatrix 2, instead of a solution and project, I have folders and files. All the references to fixing this problem with NuGet talk about solutions and projects and context menus when you right click a project. I don't have a project.

I get the impression that there are a lot of people struggling with this, hence my comment about Nop not being for the layman.

People talk about changing all references to FluentValidation but don't then say how. Unless you're a .net developer, I think people are really going to struggle with this. The beauty with NopCommerce from my perspective was that it was easy to download, the content management system is great, and if you want to change the look and feel you just have to learn a bit about CSS. With this problem though, you have to have knowledge that I don't have. It's quite frustrating as I've found comments from some people, I think it was Paul Brown, that says it takes just a couple of minutes.

I really do appreciate the work that you guys have all put into Nop, and I'm loathe to ask for anything extra, but could someone put together a 2 minute video of how to make the changes. Preferably including how to do it in WebMatrix as well.

Thanks for listening.
11 years ago
After a good night's sleep I have chosen the easy option. I don't know why I didn't do it before. I've run the scripts to upgrade my database to 2.65 (which was suprisingly easy), I've downloaded 2.65 and I just need to make a few changes to the style sheet and images, and hopefully I'll then have a fully up to date 2.65 site and this problem would have gone. I hope.

Thanks for your help Andrei. Much appreciated.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.