First Data Global Gateway

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
I have the source code version, as I've made adjustments to shipping modules, and have VS2010.

So I guess a better question would be how and where the reference the new payment method to rebuild.

Thanks for any assistance (you would think a simple readme with the payment method downloads would be in order ;-)

Or even a brief FAQ on installing a new payment method.  Most store owners need to accommodate a desired payment method (and god bless the people who would write one) but are not coders, or have something like VS2010.
13 years ago
martijx wrote:
Will you be creating a version for nopcommerce 1.50?

Sorry Max. I don't think so.
13 years ago
Yes, I've gotten it to build just fine.

From what I remember, (sorry, at a different computer now)

1. Add the FirstData C# project to the Solution's Payments folder with all of the other payment projects (not in the nopCommerce folders)

2. Make sure the references to the LinkPoint DLLs is working properly, if not, re-add the references

3. Add a reference to the FirstData project to the nopCommerce project

4. Add the FirstData folder from the download to the into the Administration Payments Folder

5. Add the FirstData Templates folder to the Templates Payments folder

Unless I'm forgetting something, the project should build now.

When you go to the nopCommerce admin, you need to add a new payment method under configuration.  These were the data entries I put in the "System Info" tab:

Name: FirstData
Visible Name: Credit Card
Description: blank
Configuration template path: Payment\FirstData\ConfigurePaymentMethod.ascx
User template path: ~\Templates\Payment\FirstData\PaymentModule.ascx
Class name: NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Payment.Methods.FirstData.FirstDataPaymentProcessor, Nop.Payment.FirstData
System keyword: FIRSTDATA

Once you save, you can then go to the Configuration tab and setup the settings for the Payment Method.

OpenSSL Note
First Data requires OpenSSL in order to communicate with their APIs.  OpenSSL must be installed on the server in order to process the payments.  This is a requirement of First Data and has nothing to do with the module.

Arvixe does NOT have OpenSSL installed on their ASP.NET Servers.  So far, I have not been able to get this to work with Arvixe for that reason.  I looked into the OpenSSL.NET Wrapper Class, but even that still requires that the C++ distro is on the server.
13 years ago
esutter wrote:
Yes, I've gotten it to build just fine.

From what I remember, (sorry, at a different computer now)

1. Add the FirstData C# project to the Solution's Payments folder with all of the other payment projects (not in the nopCommerce folders)

2. Make sure the references to the LinkPoint DLLs is working properly, if not, re-add the references

3. Add a reference to the FirstData project to the nopCommerce project

4. Add the FirstData folder from the download to the into the Administration Payments Folder

5. Add the FirstData Templates folder to the Templates Payments folder

Unless I'm forgetting something, the project should build now.

When you go to the nopCommerce admin, you need to add a new payment method under configuration.  These were the data entries I put in the "System Info" tab:

Name: FirstData
Visible Name: Credit Card
Description: blank
Configuration template path: Payment\FirstData\ConfigurePaymentMethod.ascx
User template path: ~\Templates\Payment\FirstData\PaymentModule.ascx
Class name: NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Payment.Methods.FirstData.FirstDataPaymentProcessor, Nop.Payment.FirstData
System keyword: FIRSTDATA

Once you save, you can then go to the Configuration tab and setup the settings for the Payment Method.

OpenSSL Note
First Data requires OpenSSL in order to communicate with their APIs.  OpenSSL must be installed on the server in order to process the payments.  This is a requirement of First Data and has nothing to do with the module.

Arvixe does NOT have OpenSSL installed on their ASP.NET Servers.  So far, I have not been able to get this to work with Arvixe for that reason.  I looked into the OpenSSL.NET Wrapper Class, but even that still requires that the C++ distro is on the server.

You are absolutely right.
By the way, I have submitted a new zip file to Andrei. According to his reply, he will post it when he will come back from his vacation After Sep 16 -2010). It also has a pdf instruction.
13 years ago
ducadestudios (c)

we have a 1.6 install with godaddy.   the FD gateway instructions above here, are vague.  lots of loose pieces.
we are a windows server type, with SSL coverage.  The FD api instructions are at this point geared for a local install - configuration.  our pem is ready,  openSSL is available.

it seems a regular and up to date, topic, would someone whom
has achieved this gateway 1.6 FIRSTDATA installation, and is transacting, be able to help us out.  [?]

thank you, we will check regularly.

ducadestudios (c)  utilities forum- nopcommerce.
13 years ago
[ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: type]
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +7469174
   System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type) +6
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.BusinessLogic.Payment.PaymentManager.GetAdditionalHandlingFee(Int32 paymentMethodId) in PaymentManager.cs:87
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CheckoutPaymentMethodControl.FormatPaymentMethodInfo(PaymentMethod paymentMethod) in CheckoutPaymentMethod.ascx.cs:48
   ASP.modules_checkoutpaymentmethod_ascx.__DataBind__control4(Object sender, EventArgs e) +226
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +99
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +92
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +15
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBindChildren() +211
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind(Boolean raiseOnDataBinding) +102
   System.Web.UI.Control.DataBind() +15
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateItem(Int32 itemIndex, ListItemType itemType, Boolean dataBind, Object dataItem) +125
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.DataList.CreateControlHierarchy(Boolean useDataSource) +459
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.OnDataBinding(EventArgs e) +54
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.BaseDataList.DataBind() +55
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.Modules.CheckoutPaymentMethodControl.BindData() in CheckoutPaymentMethod.ascx.cs:213
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.CheckoutPaymentMethodPage.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) in CheckoutPaymentMethod.aspx.cs:52
   System.Web.Util.CalliHelper.EventArgFunctionCaller(IntPtr fp, Object o, Object t, EventArgs e) +14
   System.Web.Util.CalliEventHandlerDelegateProxy.Callback(Object sender, EventArgs e) +35
   System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99
   NopSolutions.NopCommerce.Web.BaseNopPage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in BaseNopPage.cs:80
   System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +50
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +627

the bases are all covered except for the start location, its lack of matching payment method files, for a FIRSTDATA gateway.   The FD payment return aspx.
then again, of the paypal-express'  format, for the CheckoutPaymentMethod.aspx, and its formatted replacements, or as to , what is that doing there.

Thanks,  we hope to contribute and upgrade to 1.8 very soon.   please post a sum up here, we are not functional as 800pm cst.

ducademag.com  top40 entertainment.
/dn-catalog *
aclstamp(C)2010.
13 years ago
It seems like you are missing FirstData payment ref from the store project. After adding the ref you need to compile the project.
13 years ago
can you post that pdf here, and thank you.  guess the last thing is, how to compile.  local vs remote.  0912 2010.
13 years ago
ducadestudios wrote:
can you post that pdf here, and thank you.  guess the last thing is, how to compile.  local vs remote.  0912 2010.

I don't think we can attach any pdf here. Please wait till  Andrei comes back from the vacation.
13 years ago
ducadestudios wrote:
ducadestudios (c)

we have a 1.6 install with godaddy.   the FD gateway instructions above here, are vague.  lots of loose pieces.
we are a windows server type, with SSL coverage.  The FD api instructions are at this point geared for a local install - configuration.  our pem is ready,  openSSL is available.

it seems a regular and up to date, topic, would someone whom
has achieved this gateway 1.6 FIRSTDATA installation, and is transacting, be able to help us out.  [?]

thank you, we will check regularly.

ducadestudios (c)  utilities forum- nopcommerce.

I have it compiled correctly after many trial and errors.  Almost all of them due to VS 2010.  FirsData gave us access to their test gateway, and we downloaded the pem file from their site.

It's working fine, and I've not experienced any problems on Arvixe with any openssl issue.  At least not with their test server.

I think where everyone (and I ) are having problems is the difference in adding a reference in the main project, and a reference to the project IN THE STORE.  Step 3 above was what was eluding me.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.