How to Setup Shipping

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 years ago
Thanks mb, I went to USPS and subscribed, but I can't get past the testing phase.  The tests come back with an error, RateV3 not valid for API.  Any ideas?

Also, I have my FedEx account and would like to set that up.  All I know is my FedEx account number, username and password.  What's the key and meter number?
14 years ago
In order to get a FedEx key and meter number, you need to sign up at the FedEx Developer Resource Center and request a developer test key. After you fill out the form, you will get a test Key, test Account, and test Meter Number and the test Password will be emailed to you. Using this information, you should be able to receive live rates.

After testing, you can apply for a production key (select "No" for 'intend to resell software', check "FedEx Web Services for Shipping", and select "Corporate Developer" so you can self-certify) and you can then use your own FedEx account (they will also provide a production password and meter number in an email). When moving to production, make sure you enter the address that is used for your FedEx account otherwise you will be unable to get a production key (contact FedEx to resolve account issues).

As far as the problems with the USPS rates, see if they will move you to the production server (Step 4 in the Development Guide) -a quick email should get you access to the production server.

14 years ago
Thanks, you've help me a lot.

I got my FedEx Production Key and plugged it in, but the error says the meter number is invalid.  I copied and pasted the number and verrfied it with the email and and web confirmation.  I'm certain this is the production and not the test.

I looked at that page for USPS and it stated the testing server requires very specific codes.  After looking at a few things, I think I now have got a better  understanding on what's been going on.  Those testing servers are for a programmer to develop the API.  Since, I'm using the APIs from Nop, they've been tested and I can't use their test cases.  Therefore, I need to move to the production servers.

USPS production says authorization failed, but that's because I haven't requested to move to production, yet.  FedEx is having that meter number issue.  I'm going to call it quits and call USPS an FedEx tomorrow.  It's possible the meter number take ime to activate.

Thanks again fr all your help.  I probably would have been looking forever for those API developer sites.
14 years ago
mb wrote:

It looks like the NopCommerce v1.40 USPS shipping rate computation method (Shipping\Nop.Shipping.USPS\USPSComputationMethod.cs) is set by default (in USPSStrings.Elements) to get ALL services (though the returned rates will probably vary depending on package weight in the request -for example, the max weight for first class parcel service is 13ozs).

I have the no source 1.40 version installed, and I can't find the file in which to change the USPSStrings.Elements to limit shipping options.  Anyone else have this problem?  Any solutions?  Thanks!
14 years ago
Ok, it seems that the solution is to install the full source version...
14 years ago
I entered all the key, and all other credentials and it's working perfectly fine BUT i have a question
what if i want to implement both FedEx as well as UPS then how i can implement both, because in the admin section the option is only available to select one shipping method by radio buttons so how to implement both UPS as well as FedEX

-----------Addition------------
I just came to know that Currently the nopCommerce 1.40 version supports only 1 shipping method
Have anyone modified the code and provided 2 shipping methods like UPS as well as FedEX ? If yes, then please provide the code and the procedure of doing this....
Thanks
14 years ago
You'd have to develop your own API with the source code and C# compiler.
13 years ago
I am in the same boat.  With my current shopping cart , I have 3 options for shipping.
Looks like only option to write you own code and may be have your own data in the database, as some of our
small courier services do not have an API for calculation.
13 years ago
Hi,

I want to integrate FedEx ship web service in my website. It works fine for local (I was able to create a test label, which was approved by fedex) but for production it gives error. I changed test credentials by production credentials. also changed test url "https://gatewaybeta.fedex.com:443/webservices" by production url "https://gateway.fedex.com:443/webservices" But I am getting error that meter number is not registered. Please advice.
13 years ago
Does anyone know if there is an expiry date on the test key from FedEx?  If it is working fine with the rates with the test key, why would I want to move to production key?

Just wondering what are the benefits?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.