nopCommerce 3.40 roadmap and estimated release date. Let's discuss.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
...Can I ask if https://nopcommerce.codeplex.com/workitem/9291 is going to be part of 3.4?

...50/50. Ping me in a week or so

No, this work item won't be part of 3.40.

After some thinking we've decided that our development efforts should be still focused on performance and memory optimizations (there are already a lot of such changesets committed), existing bug fixes, and other minor ehmancements. We want the community to get really stable and fast release this time. Once it's done the next release period can be set to 5-6 months.

P.S. Community suggestions about performance and memory are highly appreciated. If you have any certain suggestion, please post it here
9 years ago
Hi Andrei

I totally agree with you, it is important to optimise nopCommerce as much as it's possible so that people can host it without any issues, and the results so far are excelent, I downloaded the latest version yesterday, once up and running it was consuming around 210MB with page load around 300ms.

I have also run it through a free Cloudflare account and now it's running at around 185MB with page load around 150 - 200ms, please note this is using the default setup with the standard amount of products and categories, I have switched on the profiler so if anyone wants to take a look please feel free to take a look here.

Are there any more performance and optimisations to come?
9 years ago
Hi Andrei

Just a quick thing, I am currently building a bullion site for a client where prices are updated every three mins, will the price caching have an impact and if so is there an option to switch that off?

Please advise.
9 years ago
XtremeCommerce wrote:
Are there any more performance and optimisations to come?

Yes. Most probably there will several more performance commits

XtremeCommerce wrote:
will the price caching have an impact and if so is there an option to switch that off?

Yes and yes
9 years ago
Hi Andrei,

Germany it is important that terms and conditions, right of objection and privacy is always up-to-date.

I have the corresponding texts more are stored.

It would be better if the texts only on a map and then be added via placeholder.

If a shop operator in Germany has not the right text content, it can be very expensive. The current solution something can be overlooked easily.

Can this is please still in the version 3.40 create. Thank you

Frank
9 years ago
fbfrank wrote:

Hi Frank,

Thanks. But not sure that I got you. All texts are editable in admin area. A store owner can edit them how he wants. What exactly should be changed?

P.S. Please also see my post here
9 years ago
a.m. wrote:
Hi Frank,

Thanks. But not sure that I got you. All texts are editable in admin area. A store owner can edit them how he wants. What exactly should be changed?

P.S. Please also see my post here

in what forum should I created verb Essen Runge proposals?

the text must be sent with the email. The texts used for the email templates. In Germany, it is only on the website to show them insufficient.
9 years ago
fbfrank wrote:
in what forum should I created verb Essen Runge proposals?

As this post states it's recommended to described such suggestions in the dedicated Suggestions and Feedback forum. Thanks

fbfrank wrote:
the text must be sent with the email. The texts used for the email templates. In Germany, it is only on the website to show them insufficient.

What texts? Sorry. I don't understand what exactly you're suggesting. Please clarify your suggestion. New message template tokens? But where will they be configured/entered? IMHO it's easier to manually copy/paste them in appropriate message templates
9 years ago
Could we have an option to turn on/off logging modules for specific modules or just for the language module?

Sometimes, when a new version comes out with an updated language resources that there might be a chance that other languages are not yet translated fully. So Nop could generates thousands of log warning exception for every page that use @T(xx) in some languages.  

I know how to manually to turn off this but it would be nice to allow this option available on Admin, just don't want more overhead on web traffic and database, lots of server calls just for this.
9 years ago
congthanhgiong wrote:
Could we have an option to turn on/off logging modules for specific modules or just for the language module?

Sometimes, when a new version comes out with an updated language resources that there might be a chance that other languages are not yet translated fully. So Nop could generates thousands of log warning exception for every page that use @T(xx) in some languages.  

I know how to manually to turn off this but it would be nice to allow this option available on Admin, just don't want more overhead on web traffic and database, lots of server calls just for this.

Why shouldn't it be logged? This is the error and a store owner should know about it. If you don't want these errors to be logged, then you'll have to customize the solution
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.