Nopcommerce Emails not working

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
9 years ago
Hi

I have installed a new store using nopcommerce latest version in the following domain www.chennaisarees.co.uk
I have loaded most of the content, done all payment configuration. I have unable to make the emails working. I have tried what ever I can think of. But no luck. It is being a open source project, I am unable to get help from nopcommerce team either.

Can some one help me resolving this issue. I have spent nearly a  month in setting up the store and loading all our products. Now it is totally not useful without the emails working.

The smtp authentication works with other websites to send mails out but simply not working in nopcommerce

I need urgent help please

My email: [email protected]

Thanks
Shan
9 years ago
Do emails work when you use the "Send test email" button in the email account configure page?
What error do you get?
What error is in the System > Log?
9 years ago
Hi

Thanks for getting back. No Send test mail doesn't work.  With different smtp I got , I get different errors. Basically none works.

The following is very common error.

Transaction failed. The server response was: <server>: Client host rejected: Access denied

Then for some other smtp, I get failure sending.

But , the same SMTP authentication I used here, I am using for my other websites hosted in the same server. They work without any errors.  This Nopcommerce throws up.

No idea how to make it work. without the emails, it is not online store!.

I don't know I can open the source code and play around. I want to avoid playing with source code. I am trying to find anyone got similar issue, and resolved it without changing source code. It looks like the email problem is common with nopcommerce installations.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regards
Shan
9 years ago
so this is a clear sign that smtp communication is working but the client is rejected.

What are your settings:

localhost, 127.0.0.1, ip address of server, have you different ip's ?

what kind of server are you using?

have you checked Firewall, port ?

9 years ago
Hi

As I said, this is dedicated server. I  have 10 other websites hosted on the same server with no different to nopcommerce. I have used the same smtp for all other website contactus forms to send mails. All are working. I can also send mail using the mail server, it is not localhost, it is hosted email account using exchange using the same hosting company. Email Server may be different than the webserver. I asked hosting company, they came back to say, if it works for other websites, then it is working and they won't support third party applications. Obviously. Something is missing, Don't understand what.

Even I tried with gmail to send mails out, it didn't work either.

Shan
9 years ago
please show your settings....

nopcommerce don't has any problem at this point, out of the box this works, so you need to look deeper in your IIS / smtp / pool /firewall /

you other apps are working with localhost?

also check the error from logs, you must give more details for diagnostic

do a telnet on port 25 to see if you get an answer...
9 years ago
Hi

I don't want to publish all details over public. I can send to your work mail or some kind of secured area. Purely for security reasons?

Thanks
Shan
9 years ago
Hi,

Please see my post a few weeks ago on the same issue and how to configure it.

https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/30923/error-in-e-mail-configuration-on-330.aspx

If you still have problems, please let me know. Sure we can sort it :-)
8 years ago
I have similar issue, which cannot send email regardless what's my settings are:

Thus, I download the source code and put the same settings as below, and replace the SendMail in EmailSender class, and it's work. Anyway, I don't know why but I hope if someone here have similar experience can help me to fix the error.

MailMessage mail = new MailMessage("[email protected]", "[email protected]");
            mail.Subject = "Test Email";

SmtpClient client = new SmtpClient();
            client.Port = 587;
            client.UseDefaultCredentials = false;
            client.Host = "smtp.office365.com";
            client.EnableSsl = true;
            client.Credentials = new NetworkCredential("[email protected]", "");

client.Send(mail);
8 years ago
hi am using nopcommerce 3.6,emails are not working when i use in local machine but after i host it ,it works fine

so what could be the problem?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.