I've Integrated an Excel Bulk File Upload w/ Pictures (images)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
Hi,

I tried to use this (did my build using all files specified in the download). Getting an exception while importing a file

Column 'VendorID' does not belong to table Products.

I am using 1.80
13 years ago
Hey Guys,

Has anyone done anything further on this? There were a couple of people mentioning adding sub-categories and more than three product pictures etc. (NZMike and the script owner hrdfsiqued).

I would love to be able to help out with this guys but unfortunately do not have the know-how :o(

Some people were just born as leaders, while the rest of us were just born to follow..!

Many thanks,

Glenn.
13 years ago
Hi Guys,
I'm having an issue with the excel import and export locally in nop and i noticed this guy uses the excel helper..

I'm running this locally in my dev environment.. on windows 7 64bit under iis7 and full trust is on..

if i select Enable 32 bit Applications and recycle my app pool, trying to access any page in the solution results in the app pool shutting down and i get a:

Service Unavailable

HTTP Error 503. The service is unavailable.

if i try and run it on my machine in 64bit i get The 'Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0' provider is not registered on the local machine.

on googling around it appears that there is no 64 bit version of the jet.oledb and hence the failure..

i was just wondering if anyone else had any experience getting this up and running..

I tried compiling an x86 version of the dlls and alas still nothing!

In looking at event viewer it is bringing up an error: The Module DLL C:\Windows\system32\inetsrv\rewrite.dll failed to load.  The data is the error.

how would i correct this one!!
13 years ago
This is an outstanding free product.

I am brand new to nopCommerce (2 days on it so far kind of new). I managed to import the spreadsheet you provided into nopCommerce with only 1 problem. For some reason, I am unable to get images to import.

a. The rest of the data imports just fine.
b. The paths to the photos I want to import are valid. I've checked them multiple times.
c. The nopCommerce Application Log isn't showing any errors.
d. The database doesn't show any indication that the import is even generating the query to bring in the photos.

The only thing I haven't done to the letter of your instruction was add the bin files you made over the ones already in the site. When I attempted this, it broke the site completely. Additionally, the rest of the data seems to be importing just fine without replacing my existing bin files.

I sure could use a hand if you could. Uploading the images using your excel spreadsheet will save me months of work. Thanks again for offering this tool free of charge.

- John
13 years ago
chazbedlam wrote:
This is an outstanding free product.

I am brand new to nopCommerce (2 days on it so far kind of new). I managed to import the spreadsheet you provided into nopCommerce with only 1 problem. For some reason, I am unable to get images to import.

a. The rest of the data imports just fine.
b. The paths to the photos I want to import are valid. I've checked them multiple times.
c. The nopCommerce Application Log isn't showing any errors.
d. The database doesn't show any indication that the import is even generating the query to bring in the photos.

The only thing I haven't done to the letter of your instruction was add the bin files you made over the ones already in the site. When I attempted this, it broke the site completely. Additionally, the rest of the data seems to be importing just fine without replacing my existing bin files.

I sure could use a hand if you could. Uploading the images using your excel spreadsheet will save me months of work. Thanks again for offering this tool free of charge.

- John

Check https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/6469/nopeasy-picture-uploader-v10.aspx
13 years ago
Hi chazbedlam,

Nopadmin Import is a product that can help you - it doesn't import just images  - and best of all it does not require any compilation of your NopCommerce store.   It imports an unlimited number of images, assigns unlimited categories, a manufacturer, and version 1.90 even uploads and assigns a product variant image for each product, all through Excel.  It supports both images stored in the database as well as images stored in the file system.    NopAdmin Import is available for 1.60-190 and while not free, at only $50.00 will save you hours and potentially days of time.  

There is a free E-Book that you can download to learn more about it's capabilities and best practices here.  You can also download a FREE 50 product trial version of NopAdmin Import to try it out for yourself.

Hope this helps you.  Best of luck in configuring your store!  BTW - I also offer free support via email, IM and as needed through desktop sharing.  :-)

Regards,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com
13 years ago
bfranklin825 wrote:
Has anyone used this with a good number of products? I can't imagine that 100 products being uploaded with 3 pictures a piece would be all that quick - wouldn't it time out or something? That'd be a lot of images...

Yes, I loaded 17,000 products and over 20,000 images.  Each product was assigned to the correct manufacturer and the correct category / subcategory upon insert.  It took me all day and I had to break up my excel file due to size restrictions.  The speed could be greatly improved but that is another discussion about the entity framework that nopCommerce is built on as well as the localization feature that can not be turned off.

I have just finished programming another page that will load images into any products and product variants with missing pictures.  I was hoping that someone would help in allowing the program to select pictures from a local directory and load into a hosted environment... Hence my absence for a while. My only other solution would be to add all images to hosted directory and then import from there- still not ideal!  I really think that solution will require JavaScript or jquery - both of which I do not know.
13 years ago
swalsh46711 wrote:
Hi chazbedlam,

Nopadmin Import is a product that can help you - it doesn't import just images  - and best of all it does not require any compilation of your NopCommerce store.   It imports an unlimited number of images, assigns unlimited categories, a manufacturer, and version 1.90 even uploads and assigns a product variant image for each product, all through Excel.  It supports both images stored in the database as well as images stored in the file system.    NopAdmin Import is available for 1.60-190 and while not free, at only $50.00 will save you hours and potentially days of time.  

There is a free E-Book that you can download to learn more about it's capabilities and best practices here.  You can also download a FREE 50 product trial version of NopAdmin Import to try it out for yourself.

Hope this helps you.  Best of luck in configuring your store!  BTW - I also offer free support via email, IM and as needed through desktop sharing.  :-)

Regards,
Shawn
NopAdmin.com

Not cool dude.  That is exactly the same thing that my code does while it is still integrated into nopCommerce using the exact nopModules that have have the image naming and file stream manipulations that are set within the user settings of the nopAdmin user area.

If you are not going to help make this code better and a final part of nopCommerce, go peddle your snake oil somewhere else.
13 years ago
sanjuk72 wrote:
Hi,

I tried to use this (did my build using all files specified in the download). Getting an exception while importing a file

I am using 1.80

You must have been missing the "Vendor" Column in your excel file.  This allows you to "map" all of your products to their respected Manufacturer while inserting - and the code looks for it.
13 years ago
Hi hrdfsique,

I have been using your script since we first spoke a while back, still with the first original files you posted. But I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.

1. Has there been any update to your files? I seen some posts you made advising about been able to add more than 3 pictures here -

hrdfsique wrote:
ajhvdb...

here is updated code for the ImportManager to locate up to 11 pictures for each product and insert.  You notice that I hard coded in the variables.  It works like a charm.

Now if some could could code in the user input for the file location and the number of pictures to find while I try to find a solution for what's happining with Glenn and the hosted environment.  We're Golden!

here is the code:

//Add the picture insert here so we can enter the default image (picture.PictureId) into Variant
                        string directory = "c:\\product_pics\\";
                        int i = 0;
                        int picID = 0; //set a variable when inserting picture and assign to productVariant
                        do
                        {
                            if (product != null)
                            {
                                string image = null;
                                if (i == 0)
                                {
                                    image = directory + SKU + ".jpg";//create default image - which has no underscore and number.
                                }
                                else
                                {
                                    image = directory + SKU + "_" + i + ".jpg";
                                }

if (image != null)
                                {
                                    if (File.Exists(image))
                                    {
                                        Picture picture = PictureManager.InsertPicture(PictureManager.GetImageBytes(image), PictureManager.GetContentType(image), true);
                                        if (picture != null)
                                        {
                                            ProductPicture productPicture = ProductManager.InsertProductPicture(product.ProductId, picture.PictureId, 1);
                                            picID = picture.PictureId;
                                        }
                                    }
                                }

i++;
                            }
                        }
                        while (i <= 4);  //Determines the amount of pictures to search for.

and one about mapping the product to the category here -

hrdfsique wrote:
Hi,

I am using 1.80

You must have been missing the "Vendor" Column in your excel file.  This allows you to "map" all of your products to their respected Manufacturer while inserting - and the code looks for it.

2. If I wanted to update my store to v1.9 do you think this will stil work?

The way I am using your script is, I still have all my original install files on my live web server. I copied these files to my local machine and replaced the relevant bin files with yours. Then when I want to do an upload I point my local connectionstrings file to my live database, load my site in VWD and login to the admin pannel and do the import. This then updates my live site.

Any help would be great...
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.