Relevance of an Affiliate

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
13 years ago
mlopilato wrote:
Can we get that option in the near future?

Not sure about near future, but it's on our roadmap
13 years ago
one simple addition, which I will do on my side, is to show the link you need to provide to your affiliate.  it wasn't until I found this thread that I even knew what the link was to provide.

was looking for a generate link or something.  Easy enough now of course but something like that should be on the setup page by default.

Probably in the docs but again it should be there.

Or did I just miss it?

Thanks for your great support.

Mike
13 years ago
frederm wrote:
one simple addition, which I will do on my side, is to show the link you need to provide to your affiliate.  it wasn't until I found this thread that I even knew what the link was to provide.

was looking for a generate link or something.  Easy enough now of course but something like that should be on the setup page by default

Thanks for suggestion. It'll be added in the next release
13 years ago
I would like to make a suggestion that would broaden the use of Affiliate to beyond the Internet.

a. Allow a Coupon Code to be associated with an Affiliate.

If customer enters a coupon code at check out that is associated with an affiliate, the order and customer are automatically associated with the affiliate. This accommodates using agents to represent your products outside of Internet sales. Agents are referring customers to our site and handing them coupons.

We use this method now and I assign each agent a unique coupon code that is good for one use per customer. Now, I must manually review usage of coupons and if I find an order, I go into the db and associate the order and customer to the affiliate.

b. Add an option for the administrator to associate an order or customer to an agent.

Thanks,

Darrell
13 years ago
What is the lifetime of an affiliate refer?

ie. Many affiliate systems save the info about who was sent to the website by which affiliate for certain amount of time (the affiliate still gets credit for a sale after say 90days if that customer comes back to the website directly, rather than through affiliate link).
13 years ago
[email protected] wrote:
I would like to make a suggestion that would broaden the use of Affiliate to beyond the Internet.

If customer enters a coupon code at check out that is associated with an affiliate, the order and customer are automatically associated with the affiliate. This accommodates using agents to represent your products outside of Internet sales. Agents are referring customers to our site and handing them coupons.

We use this method now and I assign each agent a unique coupon code that is good for one use per customer. Now, I must manually review usage of coupons and if I find an order, I go into the db and associate the order and customer to the affiliate.

b. Add an option for the administrator to associate an order or customer to an agent.

Thanks,

Darrell

Hi,

Coupon code associated to affiliates (reps).

i am wanting to do the exact same thing on my reseller program where the resellers hand out brochures with codes that come back to them as their sale.
However, i am not sure how to setup the coupon code to associate it to a customer/affiliate.
can you please tell me how it's done?? it would mean a great lot.
also how do you find the sales made by a particular code? obviously it is a manual search ?

your help would be greatly appreciated

Regards
Ben
13 years ago
Associating a coupon code to a rep is a manual process that you must do outside of nopCommerce. It is not really handled in the business logic of the application. The way I do it is;

a. I create the discount and I name the discount so that it identifies the agent. For example, the name is Agent04_Smith

b. When you set the discount up, check the box so that it requires a Coupon Code. That code is what your agents will hand out to prospective customers and it must be unique for each agent.

c. You can then go to the coupon code and select edit and there is a usage tab that lists all the orders that have used the code.

Monitoring usage is tedious through nopCommerce because it requires that you go into each order listed to determine the amount, and there is no way to mark an order to indicate that you have paid commissions on it.

One way to manage commission payments and tracking is to build a small application in Visual Studio or even Access. I hook up to the main database but I track order numbers in a local table which commissions have been paid on.

Another challenge that I ran into with agents, is that not all of my products are commissioned at the same rate. In fact, I have three categories: A,B & C, each with a different percentage commission. The way I manage that, it I have created three categories, one for each commission level. I then associated all the Category A commissioned products to that category. However, I do not publish the category, so it is never visible in the store. When I query orders, I can determine which category they belong to and calculate commissions accordingly.

Hope that helps.
13 years ago
[email protected] wrote:

Monitoring usage is tedious through nopCommerce because it requires that you go into each order listed to determine the amount, and there is no way to mark an order to indicate that you have paid commissions on it.

One way to manage commission payments and tracking is to build a small application in Visual Studio or even Access. I hook up to the main database but I track order numbers in a local table which commissions have been paid on.

Thanks for your helpful reply.
I have done something similar i just wasn't sure the best way to track the sales or if there's a better way, thanks.
It is a problem in the sense that the Rep. can not login into his account to see his sales or commissions, he must rely (trust) entirely on shop owners honesty to assign him the right amount of commission.
in my case say... a rep hands out 1000 brochures with his code to total strangers, he has no way of knowing if any turned into a sale, but rely on store owner alone.
Would be nice to tag the sale to a particular rep. and be visible when they log into their acc.
Do you have any system to report to them their sales/commission? that i could use?

Regards
Ben
13 years ago
sdblevel33 wrote:
Yes... nop provides a way to drill down and get to the affiliate data.  It unfortunately lacks any real reporting or payment tracking or percentage tracking for the affiliate.

I guess what I am saying is, nop supports affiliate sales, it severely lacks any real functionality to do the backend tracking, paying, etc for both the store owner and the affiliate.

Imagine having 1000 affiliates.  The current implementation would take two full time employees to drill through the numerous screens to get to the data needed to pay those affiliates.

i found a nice affiliate manager that is an addon for nopCommerce here

http://s345663287.onlinehome.us/mlm-social-bug.aspx
13 years ago
>In nopCommerce, an affiliate partner URL is as follows: http://www.yourstore.com/default.aspx?AffiliateID=N(where N is an affiliate ID).

Will the affiliate ID be also processed if passed to another location?

For example:

http://www.yourstore.com/product/1-myfirst-product.aspx?AffiliateID=N

I am asking because obviously the affiliates could be interested in promoting a particular product.

regards,

Filip
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.