My nopCommerce 2 Beta with source installation and configuration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 лет назад
By the way, I would like to extend my congratulations to the nopCommerce team for the impressive work done thus far.

My installation WORK-IN-PROGRESS  (I will keep updating the post as I verify the procedure)

This is how I got nopCommerce 2 Beta up and running. Please note that most people will have different experience depending on what they already have installed on the computer or in the network. You will only need to perform step 1.0 if you don't plan on hosting nopCommerce.

I am using 3 computers for this: Development desktop, IIS server, SQL server, connected via LAN.

------------------------- 1.0 Development Desktop ---------------------------------

Minimum Development Desktop Requirement:
    Vista SP2 or above
    .NET 4 framework (MVC3 requires this)
    ASP.NET MVC 3 Framework
    MVC 3 Tools (For me, this was a separate installation, this was not obvious)
    SQLEXPRESS or MSSQLSERVER 2008 or above
    Visual Studio 2010 Professional

Make sure you have all these packages installed and working in your system, nopCommerce will not work on VS2008 or VS2010 Express.

Set up your SQL Server with a login and password, create a database for nopCommerce. For now nopCommerce will not create the database for you. Make sure your login has sufficient permission to create tables. For example: I created a nopCommerceBeta database with forms login and a SQL_User and password. Assign the database to the SQL_User. Log this information, nopCommerce installation requires this information. And make sure your firewall is not blocking the connection.

Download nopCommerce Beta, unzip it into the VS 2010 project folder. Open the solutions file. Build. Make Nop.Web the startup project. At this point you should be able to build, run, develop nopCommerce on your development system. The first time you run nopCommerce, you should see the installation welcome screen and initiate the nopCommerce installation process. When the nopCommerce completes successfully, you should see the nopCommerce home page.

------------------------- 2.0 Publishing to the IIS Server ---------------------------------

My Servers:
    Windows 2008, IIS 7
        .NET 3.5 Framework SP1
        .NET 4 Framework
        ASP.NET MVC 3

MS SQL Server R2

Do refer to wxDevelopment's youtube video post and theonlylawislove's posts on installing and deploying. Here is wxDevelopments video again ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E8G0CUh4S8 ).

The proceedure essentially simplifies into running Prepare.bat and Deploy.bat in nopCommerce folder and deploying what is in nopCommerce\Deployable\nop_2.0's folder. (Note that deploying from VS2010 Menu - Build\Publish Nop.Web will not work as of publishing of this thread). Copy or FTP what is in the Deployable\nop_2.0 folder into your web server. For some reason, I still have to manually copy InstalledPlugins.text in the App_Data folder in order to make it work or I still get a null exception.

So this is the proceedure I used:
    Run Prepare.bat
    Run Deploy.bat
    Copy everything in the Deployable\nop_2.0 folder to the web server
    Copy InstalledPlugins.txt to App_data folder
    Restart the website from IIS server manager.

* Create a database in the SQL Server with login and password, log the information.
    View the nopCommerce website with your favorite browser.

* This step is not necessary if you have already created the database before.

-------------------------- That's it! -------------------------------------------------

Let me know if there is anything else and I'll include it in here.
Let me know if this helped you.
12 лет назад
I can build, but when I try to run in develment mode I get thge following error in file TaxServices.cs

Steve

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled by user code
  Message=Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
  Source=Nop.Services
  StackTrace:
       at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetTaxRate(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Customer customer) in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 237
       at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Boolean priceIncludesTax, Decimal& taxRate) in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 317
       at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Decimal& taxRate) in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 298
       at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Customer customer, Decimal& taxRate) in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 281
       at Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Decimal& taxRate) in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:line 257
       at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.PrepareProductPriceModel(Product product) in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:line 192
       at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.PrepareProductOverviewModel(Product product) in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:line 300
       at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.<HomepageProducts>b__2e(Product x) in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:line 1524
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.HomepageProducts() in Z:\Visual Studio 2010\nopCommerce\nopCommerce_2.00_Beta_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:line 1523
       at lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] )
       at System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters)
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12()
       at System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation)
  InnerException:
12 лет назад
Did you deploy before you try to run the web? I don't know your setup, do you have IIS running on your development machine?

I ran into this problem as well, but for me only after deploying the web in the IIS server. When I used the Publish funtionality from the VS2010 menu, it only partially publish the site. You have to use the batch files provided by nopCommerce to create a deployable site, then publish the site. And futhermore transfer the InstalledPlugins.txt file manually.

The stack trace is a little misleading, as it turns out that when you see this message, it is a matter of a missing plugin or more likely all of the plugins and/or the InstalledPlugins.txt.
12 лет назад
just started fresh and during the database install i get an error during setup.

Do I create and empty database or do I use a populated v1.9 DB

What options on initial screen would I use.

Thanks

steve
12 лет назад
i am running thjis currently in VS2010 Ultimate with MSSQL2008
12 лет назад
well nok me down with a fether it worked but not sure wot i did different if anything
12 лет назад
MrShrek wrote:
just started fresh and during the database install i get an error during setup.

Do I create and empty database or do I use a populated v1.9 DB

What options on initial screen would I use.

Thanks

steve

Yes create a new database.

Try working with a clean database first, get it to work then you can work on changing the database back to your production database. I believe I read on one of these post, I think it was a.m., that said there were no changes in the database schema between 1.9 and 2.0. I'm not absolutely sure, you may have to ask him again.
12 лет назад
MrShrek wrote:
well nok me down with a fether it worked but not sure wot i did different if anything

yeah I run into those too, it drives me nuts. Sometimes you have to be careful that you are not looking at the cache.
12 лет назад
eureka  

Fresh DB WITHOUT creating test data work if you select create data it crashes

Steve
12 лет назад
MrShrek wrote:
eureka  

Fresh DB WITHOUT creating test data work if you select create data it crashes

Steve

Mine didn't crash, I chose create data and it worked. Does your database login have suffecient permission to create tables?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.