Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 лет назад
Hi, I'm getting this error and I can't figure out why

Server Error in '/' Application.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 2:      Layout = "~/Views/Shared/_ColumnsThree.cshtml";
Line 3:  }
Line 4:  @Html.Action("TopicBlock", "Topic", new { systemName = "HomePageText" })
Line 5:  <div class="clear">
Line 6:  </div>

It only happens when I change my database connection. I'm not sure if I'm getting the string format wrong for a remote server with sever authentication. I already have a database set up on my hosts server and I know it's working because I connected to it at some point and my site was working fine.. Then I dunno what happened. I've tried a clean install 3 times now, and i'm lost for idea's..

Please Help!
12 лет назад
pillaykm wrote:
An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Can you post your stack track (the full error message) here so I can get more information about the error and where it originated in the code?
12 лет назад
Hi there, thanks for the quick response!

I've posted the stack trace below. I think it may have been because I accidentally chose to not publish the english language (Which was the only language there). I've sorted out the problem by uploading a fresh database to my host's server, but this seems like a bug so i'm sure this could help? The problem was that I couldn't access my site at all after choosing to not publish any languages.

I think the reason it only happened when I tried connecting to my database on my hosts server is because that database had been messed up.. The database on my local machine was new, and fine. So it didn't have anything to do with the connection to the databse.

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Nop.Services.Localization.LocalizationExtentions.GetLocalized(T entity, Expression`1 keySelector) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Libraries\Nop.Services\Localization\LocalizationExtentions.cs:18
   Nop.Web.Extensions.MappingExtensions.ToModel(Topic entity) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Extensions\MappingExtensions.cs:166
   Nop.Web.Controllers.TopicController.TopicBlock(String systemName) in F:\Own\NopCommerce\Sources\src\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\TopicController.cs:73
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +108
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +188
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +56
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +267
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +20
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +190
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +93
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassb.<BeginProcessRequest>b__5() +37
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass1.<MakeVoidDelegate>b__0() +21
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.<GetCallInAppTrustThunk>b__0(Action f) +7
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassa.<EndProcessRequest>b__9() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3() +12
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Func`1 func) +38
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Action action) +64
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +71
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +1072

[HttpException (0x80004005): Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.]
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +3045019
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) +77
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +28
   System.Web.HttpServerUtilityWrapper.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) +460
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.Action(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues) +88
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.Action(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, Object routeValues) +45
   ASP._Page_Views_Home_Index_cshtml.Execute() in c:\Users\Kyle\Documents\My Web Sites\nop5\Views\Home\Index.cshtml:4
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +207
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +88
   System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.RunPage() +19
   System.Web.WebPages.StartPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +65
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +76
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +198
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +107
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +291
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +264
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +20
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +176
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +329
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +93
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.System.Web.Mvc.IController.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +10
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.<>c__DisplayClass8`1.<BeginSynchronous>b__7(IAsyncResult _) +12
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +31
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +23
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +59
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.System.Web.IHttpAsyncHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +9
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8897857
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184
12 лет назад
Hi, I'm getting the same error, I published nopcommerce 2.2 to a local directory following the manual steps after building in vs2010 express and everything went through, and I uploaded the published code to my test site on Arvixe (http://nop22.com.ivy.arvixe.com/). I have a fresh database on the server as well, but the error I'm getting is before connecting to the database I guess, here is the Track Trace:

TIA on any help

Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.PerformFileDeploy(FileInfo plug) in C:\Temp\nop22source\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:274
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in C:\Temp\nop22source\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:114

[Exception: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
]
   Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager.Initialize() in C:\Temp\nop22source\Libraries\Nop.Core\Plugins\PluginManager.cs:163

[InvalidOperationException: The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
.]
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.InvokePreStartInitMethods(ICollection`1 methods) +423
   System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CallPreStartInitMethods() +306
   System.Web.Hosting.HostingEnvironment.Initialize(ApplicationManager appManager, IApplicationHost appHost, IConfigMapPathFactory configMapPathFactory, HostingEnvironmentParameters hostingParameters, PolicyLevel policyLevel, Exception appDomainCreationException) +591

[HttpException (0x80004005): The pre-application start initialization method Initialize on type Nop.Core.Plugins.PluginManager threw an exception with the following error message: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
.]
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9013676
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +97
   System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +256
12 лет назад
nopCommerce version: 2.40
SQL Server 2008 R2 Express 10.50.2500
Win Server 2008 v6.0 (6002) SP2
VS 2010 10.0.40219.1 SP1Rel
ASP.NET 4.0.30319 SP1Rel

I have a similar problem. I believe it is being triggered because I am sharing one database hosted on a local dev. server from a remote connection over the LAN to a PC which I use to develop / debug with visual studio. This works OK.

However, I have IIS 7.5 set up on this local dev. server which also hosts the SQL server. I can successfully deploy nopCommerce using Visual Studio. However my nopCommerce user account happened to have an item in the shopping cart. When I log in to nopCommerce using the local dev. server release deployment I get the error labelled 1 below; I can clear the error by emptying the shopping cart using the debug version on the debug PC because they share the same database. However Error 2 is raised upon clicking any link within the Category, Manufacturer, New Products and Tag Cloud Navigation. Also I can get into the Admin panel but although I am logged in I do not have any permissions. Access denied to user #[email protected] '[email protected]' on' is in the nopCommerce Log. The other two errors  are also present in the nopCommerce log.

I can almost certainly fix this by maintaining two dev. databases, but I am concerned that this issue may occur in the production environment without my knowledge to existing users. My best guess is this is a bug in the user tracking feature.

Should I be concerned? or this by design and sharing one database between a local debug test machine and a local release test server a stupid thing to do that will never work?

(ERROR 1)

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

Line 79:         <div class="clear">
Line 80:         </div>
Line 81:         @Html.Action("MiniShoppingCart", "ShoppingCart")
Line 82:         <div class="clear">
Line 83:         </div>

Source File: c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WTG_DEV\httpdocs\Views\Shared\_ColumnsThree.cshtml    Line: 81

Stack Trace:

Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetTaxRate(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Customer customer) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:239
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Boolean priceIncludesTax, Decimal& taxRate) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:324
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Decimal& taxRate) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:305
   Nop.Services.Orders.OrderTotalCalculationService.GetShoppingCartSubTotal(IList`1 cart, Boolean includingTax, Decimal& discountAmount, Discount& appliedDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithoutDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithDiscount, SortedDictionary`2& taxRates) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Orders\OrderTotalCalculationService.cs:177
   Nop.Services.Orders.OrderTotalCalculationService.GetShoppingCartSubTotal(IList`1 cart, Boolean includingTax, Decimal& discountAmount, Discount& appliedDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithoutDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithDiscount) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Orders\OrderTotalCalculationService.cs:136
   Nop.Services.Orders.OrderTotalCalculationService.GetShoppingCartSubTotal(IList`1 cart, Decimal& discountAmount, Discount& appliedDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithoutDiscount, Decimal& subTotalWithDiscount) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Orders\OrderTotalCalculationService.cs:116
   Nop.Web.Controllers.ShoppingCartController.MiniShoppingCart() in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\ShoppingCartController.cs:1193
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +62
   System.Web.Mvc.ActionMethodDispatcher.Execute(ControllerBase controller, Object[] parameters) +17
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +208
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethod(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +27
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +263
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass17.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__14() +19
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodFilter(IActionFilter filter, ActionExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +263
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +191
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +343
   System.Web.Mvc.Controller.ExecuteCore() +116
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerBase.Execute(RequestContext requestContext) +97
   System.Web.Mvc.Async.WrappedAsyncResult`1.End() +62
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClasse.<EndProcessRequest>b__d() +50
   System.Web.Mvc.SecurityUtil.ProcessInApplicationTrust(Action action) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult) +60
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClassa.<EndProcessRequest>b__9() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass4.<Wrap>b__3() +12
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Func`1 func) +38
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerWrapper.Wrap(Action action) +65
   System.Web.Mvc.ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult result) +71
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +1072

[HttpException (0x80004005): Error executing child request for handler 'System.Web.Mvc.HttpHandlerUtil+ServerExecuteHttpHandlerAsyncWrapper'.]
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.ExecuteInternal(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage, VirtualPath path, VirtualPath filePath, String physPath, Exception error, String queryStringOverride) +3049331
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm, Boolean setPreviousPage) +77
   System.Web.HttpServerUtility.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +28
   System.Web.HttpServerUtilityWrapper.Execute(IHttpHandler handler, TextWriter writer, Boolean preserveForm) +22
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.ActionHelper(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues, TextWriter textWriter) +497
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.Action(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName, RouteValueDictionary routeValues) +88
   System.Web.Mvc.Html.ChildActionExtensions.Action(HtmlHelper htmlHelper, String actionName, String controllerName) +10
   ASP._Page_Views_Shared__ColumnsThree_cshtml.Execute() in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\WTG_DEV\httpdocs\Views\Shared\_ColumnsThree.cshtml:81
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy() +207
   System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy() +81
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +88
   System.Web.WebPages.<>c__DisplayClass7.<RenderPageCore>b__6(TextWriter writer) +102
   System.Web.WebPages.HelperResult.WriteTo(TextWriter writer) +12
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result) +67
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action`1 body) +66
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext() +262
   System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage) +95
   System.Web.Mvc.RazorView.RenderView(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer, Object instance) +220
   System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer) +115
   System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context) +303
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResult(ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult) +13
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1c.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__19() +23
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +260
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass1e.<InvokeActionResultWithFilters>b__1b() +19
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilter(IResultFilter filter, ResultExecutingContext preContext, Func`1 continuation) +260
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult) +177
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeAction(ControllerContext controllerContext, String actionName) +343
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8969117
   System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +184

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

(ERROR 2)

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetTaxRate(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Customer customer) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:239
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Int32 taxCategoryId, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Boolean priceIncludesTax, Decimal& taxRate) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:324
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Boolean includingTax, Customer customer, Decimal& taxRate) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:305
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Customer customer, Decimal& taxRate) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:288
   Nop.Services.Tax.TaxService.GetProductPrice(ProductVariant productVariant, Decimal price, Decimal& taxRate) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Libraries\Nop.Services\Tax\TaxService.cs:264
   Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.PrepareProductPriceModel(Product product) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:212
   Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.PrepareProductOverviewModel(Product product, Boolean preparePriceModel, Boolean preparePictureModel, Nullable`1 productThumbPictureSize) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:316
   Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.<Category>b__18(Product x) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:892
   System.Linq.WhereSelectListIterator`2.MoveNext() +110
   System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +327
   System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
   Nop.Web.Controllers.CatalogController.Category(Int32 categoryId, CatalogPagingFilteringModel command) in C:\Documents\Web\Site\nopCommerce_2.40_RTM_Source\Presentation\Nop.Web\Controllers\CatalogController.cs:892
   lambda_method(Closure , ControllerBase , Object[] ) +150
   System.Web.Mvc.ReflectedActionDescriptor.Execute(ControllerContext controllerContext, IDictionary`2 parameters) +208
   System.Web.Mvc.<>c__DisplayClass15.<InvokeActionMethodWithFilters>b__12() +55
   System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionMethodWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionDescriptor actionDescriptor, IDictionary`2 parameters) +191
   System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +8969117

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272
12 лет назад
Also I can get into the Admin panel but although I am logged in I do not have any permissions. Access denied to user #[email protected] '[email protected]' on' is in the nopCommerce Log.

Just realised stupidly that I had not removed the entry from the Admin area allowed IP: in the PRODUCTION Database before upgrading it to the current DEVELOPMENT database which caused the issue above.
12 лет назад
[SOLVED]

I had included the wrong TAX plugin to publish for deployment in VS. I had included Tax.FixedRate and not Tax.Free. Stupidly I have come across this before and still not recognised what was happening, because the local debug version was working.

Any product related page, including Categories, Manufacturers, Tag Cloud or New Products will always throw up this ugly vague error 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object.' if a shipping plugin or a tax plugin is not correctly installed.

Hope this helps someone else as stupid as me ;-)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.