losing customer/user session

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Here is the article I was referring to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836680
14 лет назад
Thanks for the info big al.  I'd really appreciate any information you have on setting up the App to use SQL server.  I'm pretty comfortable with databases.  It was recommended by the host, Discountsap, that we set up another SQL instance to handle the session and that they would put that much of it in place.  However, I'd try using our current one if there's some documentation and scripts available somewhere.  Thanks!

guvnor, Discountasp also recommended that they move my app to IIS7.  They think that may help.  However, they appear to keep the same app pool settings.
14 лет назад
Instead of using sql server session state I would suggest chaning the host instead to someone that can persist a session more stable.

I have used several webhosts both in Sweden and International and the best host International I have used is with no doubt Orcs Web and in Sweden it is Binero.

I have never had any troubles with sessions on these hosts, I have had troubles in Sweden with SQL Server performance but not on Orcs Web.

Change the host!
14 лет назад
I am having this same problem.  I am wondering what solution you ended up going with.  Did you change hosts?

If changing hosts works does anybody know of some hosts that the user session works on for sure?
14 лет назад
Hi,
I have recently installed v1.5 on winhost.com and am finding that while accessing the backend I am frequently having to log in again.  Since the last post, I am wondering if this is still an issue that is experienced by other nopCommerce users and if the solution is still to store session state in SQL Server?
Thanks.
14 лет назад
I have since generated and added my own machineKey to web.config file and I am no longer losing session.
13 лет назад
I have session problem with WinHost too. This is "support help" from WinHost:
--- begin ---
Hello,

Your application pool is not setup with a threshold of 200 MB instead of 100 MB however it is still surpassing the new threshold.  Your application is using over 200 MB of the servers memory resources.

I'm afraid I cannot tell you what activity, assembly, or function of your site is causing the memory usage.  I can only tell you that although your application pool now has 200 MB of memory allotment your application pool is still exceeding that.  You will need to recode your application so that it is more optimized and that it is not using over 200 MB of the servers memory.

As an added alternative you may want to use SQL Session.  Please refer to this kb article.

http://support.winhost.com/KB/a626/how-to-enable-aspnet-sql-server-session-on-your-web.aspx

Please understand that SQL Session only stores the session on the database.  If your application uses viewstate and/or cookies those objects will be lost when the application pool is recycled.
--- end ---

But I must resolve it... Any idea? :(
13 лет назад
hi guys

can i get in nop commerce 1.60 a list of all products for which discount is applied?

Thanks in Advance
from Arunima
13 лет назад
in this topic we speak about "losing customer/user session"...
13 лет назад
I just found this topic searching for something else, and I have the same problem... I run on Binero, .Net 4.0 and I get thrown out every other minute. They are working on it, but I haven't got any answer if there is something I can do or if it's their problem.

Basically they can see two errors in their log:
1) A worker process with process id of '17940' serving application pool '101461AppPoolv4.0' has requested a recycle because it reached its virtual memory limit.

2) Application pool '101461AppPoolv4.0' exceeded its job limit settings.

Has this happened to any of you? Is there something I can do? I also get "Service unavailable" every now and then, could this be related?
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.