HOW to set permissions???

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 лет назад
I have been trying to get various versions of nopCommerce to install for a week now.

I CAN sometimes get a pre-packaged no-source image to install, but not consistently or
every time.

I am using "winhost" for hosting and they show the following version info.
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.1

The problem I keep coming back to seems to be 'Permissions'.
Version 2.1 fails while collecting all the DLL files into /Plugins/bin from all the /Plugins/XXXXXX dirs.

I CAN have 'Winhost' install version 1.9 on itself, but I want to modify the app and need to be able
to deploy it from Visual Studio 2010.
I can NOT get either a 'Web Deploy' , Local-copy-then-FTP-deploy, nor the 'Prepare.bat, deploy.bat process to work.

Version 1.9 is now throwing:
Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

It Appears to be a 'Permissions' issue, but I don't know HOW to go about setting permissions on the server?

I do not have access to change the process owner of the web server or pools.
I do not have direct filesystem access to the server.

Filezilla shows 'unix type' File permissions on EVERYTHING of drwxrwxrwx or -rwxrwxrwx.

How do I get the App itself R/W permissions on everything in the tree?

Marc
12 лет назад
dfsinc wrote:

I CAN have 'Winhost' install version 1.9 on itself, but I want to modify the app and need to be able
to deploy it from Visual Studio 2010.
I can NOT get either a 'Web Deploy' , Local-copy-then-FTP-deploy, nor the 'Prepare.bat, deploy.bat process to work.

Version 1.9 is now throwing:
Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.ExternalException: A generic error occurred in GDI+.

1.9 doesn't have any .bat files

GDI+ says that you don't have a permissions to some folders.

You should tell what control panel you have with your hosting provider before anyone can answer how to set folder permissions.
12 лет назад
What control panel???

I have what I presume is the default control panel for 'WinHost'.

I can't post an image here, but it does not have and file ownership or permission options.
12 лет назад
Web Server control panel "Plesk" "Website Panel" or any other? do you have any? There should be your files root and there you should be able to manage your folder permissions. If you don't have any just ask your hosting provider.
12 лет назад
Thanks, I will look into alternate control panels.

Here is the answer, and it appears to be quite common:
ACL was altered after using VS web deploy

In some cases you may find that after publishing a project using Web Deploy the ASPNet IUSR cannot write to the root directory or any files within it (except App_Data).

By default Web Deploy sets the ACL of the ASPNet IUSR to read only.  To prevent this from causing problems when you publish your application, you will need to locate the project file and make some changes.  The project file will end with the extension .vbproj for applications written in Visual Basic or .csproj for applications written in C#.  In the project file find:

<propertygroup condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' "></propertygroup>

and change it to:

<propertygroup condition=" '$(Configuration)|$(Platform)' == 'Release|AnyCPU' "> <includesetaclproviderondestination>False</includesetaclproviderondestination></propertygroup>

This will ensure that ACL is not modified by Web Deploy.

If you have already used Web Deploy to publish your site, please contact support and ask them to reset your ASPNet IUSR's ACL permission.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.