Shop by Categories & Shop by Occasions

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
12 лет назад
dear friends,
I am not an expert in codes however with your help i have always solved my issues. Once again I need your help & hope the prob. would be solved in no time :)

I am using Nop 1.8

Problem:
By default Nop.Com have Categories and Manufactures. My store is about Gifts therefore I want to give the viewer a choice of shopping my Occasions as well as Shop by Categories.

TRY:
I thought of using Manufactures as Occasions and save time in going into codes ... but the problem is in some cases i might need to mention manufactures as well so it this idea didn't work :(

Friends kindly help me out here ... it would be a great favor

Thank you
12 лет назад
silver wrote:
dear friends,
I am not an expert in codes however with your help i have always solved my issues. Once again I need your help & hope the prob. would be solved in no time :)

I am using Nop 1.8

Problem:
By default Nop.Com have Categories and Manufactures. My store is about Gifts therefore I want to give the viewer a choice of shopping my Occasions as well as Shop by Categories.

TRY:
I thought of using Manufactures as Occasions and save time in going into codes ... but the problem is in some cases i might need to mention manufactures as well so it this idea didn't work :(

Friends kindly help me out here ... it would be a great favor

Thank you

There are two options:
1) Create a category "Buy by category" where the "sub-categories" are your categories and then create another category "Buy by occasion" where the "sub-categories" are the different occasions. Example (v1.9)

2) Use Tags feature for the occasions; so a product in category flowers could have tags such as valentine, birthday, anniversary
12 лет назад
Thanks Eduardo,

Option 2 seems to be a better choice in my condition.

Thank you once again for providing such a simple and easy solution .. saved be from codes hazard hehe
12 лет назад
silver wrote:
Thanks Eduardo,

Option 2 seems to be a better choice in my condition.

Thank you once again for providing such a simple and easy solution .. saved be from codes hazard hehe

I agree on option 2. Welcome!
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.