required fields for registration

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
I have some customers who complain that they can't register because when they click "submit" the form just redisplays.  I think what's happening is that they are missing a field that's required and they don't notice the little red * that appears beside it when the form redisplays.  This brings up a few questions:

1. Is it possible to edit a file somewhere so that required fields already have an * beside them and add a note at the bottom * = required field?

2. Is there some way to display a message that they are missing a required field when they try to submit the form rather than just redisplaying it?  They do get a nice red warning at the top if they enter an email address that's already been registered.  The same type of thing for a required field missing would be helpful.

Also, are there plans in a future version to allow us to choose which fields are required and maybe even add/rename/remove fields?
14 лет назад
Hi,

What you could do is make use of the ajax control toolkit Validator callout.

to add this functionality please go to modules/customerregistration.ascx

I will demonstrate with the firstname, find this code:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtFirstName" runat="server" MaxLength="40"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvFirstName" runat="server" ControlToValidate="txtFirstName" ErrorMessage="First name is required." ToolTip="First name is required." ValidationGroup="CreateUserForm">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>

and replace with this:

<asp:TextBox ID="txtFirstName" runat="server" MaxLength="40"></asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rfvFirstName" runat="server" ControlToValidate="txtFirstName" ErrorMessage="First name is required." ToolTip="First name is required." ValidationGroup="CreateUserForm">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<ajaxToolkit:ValidatorCalloutExtender ID="FirstNameCallout" runat="server" TargetControlID="rfvFirstName" />

mike..
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.