Import and Export to XML

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
The 1.3 release have a export to XML option. Would it not be useful if there was a import XML option for bulk uploading products etc.?
14 лет назад
I agree this would be a great function to have, I am developing a digital asset website and will have to do this by artist (manufacturer) allowing upload of their own assets and download of sales statistics.

I did create a small windows application for managing stock images which created the images in different sizes, reads IPTC data from the images allows for attributes and keyword editing and saves thisdata back into xml packets or an Excel Spreadsheet for uploading.

One drawback was that not everyone had Excel so an upload based on XML would be much better.

If someone was to create the export for attributes etc: and import from xml including importing variants and images, I could modify the desktop application to manage products and create the image and XML files in a format ready for uploading.

David :)
david[dot]cox[at]adeptris[dot]com
14 лет назад
yes it could b a greate function.
better we can use a windows application upload from our PC without using browser.
14 лет назад
There is always SQL Server management. My hosting account don't allow direct access by default and I also feel that a Nop integrated function would be the best solution to handle a large catalog.
14 лет назад
I posted some example code in juli. After that I made quite a few changes to this code, after which it will no longer work on a standard database (we changed the database quite a bit to enable some features in our site which NopCommerce doesn't have yet).

But the following topic might contain some useful code for you, to do a bulkimport
https://www.nopcommerce.com/Boards/Topic.aspx?TopicID=501
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.