How do Reward points work really???

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 лет назад
Hi Andrei,

I noticed two bugs in the mechanism ruling reward points:

1) Reaward points are charged at the moment the order is closed, and that's ok, but calculated at the same date, and this is WRONG.
This is the case: I setup a w/e promo that doubles reward points for order PLACED during the weekend. On Monday I setup ordinary rules, delivered goods and on Tuesday orders has been completed.
A customer noticed that points weren't doubled at all, and he was right, in fact points were calculated on Tuesday NOT on Saturday, so the promo couldn't take effect. This is not correct.

2) Charging manually points to the customer account, I noticed that points were calculated on the total of the order and not on the subtotal without delivery costs.
This is not correct: delivery costs are obviously costs and do not reward a customer (besides, offering an undue discount).
I think it's necessary to correct the calculation algorithm and, wether possible, to adjust customer reward points balance accordingly, in order to subtract undue points (that are money).
11 лет назад
infinito62 wrote:
1) Reaward points are charged at the moment the order is closed, and that's ok, but calculated at the same date, and this is WRONG.
This is the case: I setup a w/e promo that doubles reward points for order PLACED during the weekend. On Monday I setup ordinary rules, delivered goods and on Tuesday orders has been completed.
A customer noticed that points weren't doubled at all, and he was right, in fact points were calculated on Tuesday NOT on Saturday, so the promo couldn't take effect. This is not correct.

Not sure that I got you. There's no such functionality in nopCommerce out of the box (doubling reward points on weekend). I presume you customized the solution. By default reward points are reduced at the moment when an order is placed. And they're added to a customer account when an order status is changed to a status as specified on the "Reward points settings" page (admin area). That's all. Everything works as it should.

infinito62 wrote:
2) Charging manually points to the customer account, I noticed that points were calculated on the total of the order and not on the subtotal without delivery costs.
This is not correct: delivery costs are obviously costs and do not reward a customer (besides, offering an undue discount).
I think it's necessary to correct the calculation algorithm and, wether possible, to adjust customer reward points balance accordingly, in order to subtract undue points (that are money).

Right. It's by design. You'll have to customize the solution in order to achieve it. But maybe, it can be configurable. Have a look at this item
11 лет назад
There' s no customization, just changed the parameter manually Friday night and restored Monday morning.
Reward points have to be added to customer balance as soon as the order iii s completed and deducted if the order. Is cancelleed bur the amount must be calculated the day the order is placed.

It doesn' make sense to calculate points with delivery costs. If for absurd you spend 50  euro and  come and pick up in store, delivery costs are 0 i gain 50 euro and you get 50 points.
If i have to delivery to russia, i charge 40  euro for delivery, i gain always 50 but you gain 90 points instead of 50. You gaimed an undue discount infor the future that is not due
11 лет назад
infinito62 wrote:
There' s no customization, just changed the parameter manually Friday night and restored Monday morning.

What parameter?

infinito62 wrote:
Reward points have to be added to customer balance as soon as the order iii s completed and deducted if the order. Is cancelleed bur the amount must be calculated the day the order is placed

Right. If you go to the reward points settings page (admin area) and set "Awarded order status" to "Complete" and "Canceled order status" to "Cancelled", it'll work this way. The amount which is rewarded does NOT depend on any date. "Order total" will stay the same on Friday night and Monday morning. It just doesn't matter. A customer will get the same number of reward points if an order is completed on Friday night or Monday morning. If you go to the reward points settings page (admin area), you can specify "Points for purchases" field, but there's no any dates. If I don't understand you, please provide detailed step-by-step list to reproduce the issue.
11 лет назад
Ok, replicate in this way.

On Friday I email a promo stating that, if you buy yestarday or today, you gain twice rewarding points.
So I went to Configuration --> Settings --> Reward points and changed
Points for purchases: Each 1.0000  EUR   spent will earn 2 reward points (instead of standard 1)

Now it's Sunday, you learnt of the promo, you want to take advantage of it and placed an order of 50 Euros.

Tomorrow is Monday, the promo ends and I restored the old value (1 Euro = 1 point): in fact I don't want that somebody today places an order and gain twice of points.

I process the order, prepare your package, call DHL and deliver the order.
On Tuesday you recive the box, and I complete the order. Only now your reward point balance will be adjusted.

You go to your personal area in the shop and notice, with surprise, that you gained only 50 points and not 100 (and I'm sure you'll enquiry why).

Now, according to your logic, you'll never take advantage of the promo, because you calculate the points on Tuesday, so the promo will never take effect. It doesn't make any sense to make a promo that doubles points when you receive the box!

What should be done is to calculate the points at the time of the order (on Sunday), save them with the order, and adjust the balance in the usual way.
11 лет назад
It's be design. Storing reward points configuration history would be too complex (what exchange rate was on Friday and what values were on Monday, etc).

What I can recommend for your scenario is going to the "reward points settings" page and setting "Awarded order status" to "Processing". It this case points will be rewarded on the same day when order is paid (hence marked as processed).
11 лет назад
That could be a solution. I don' t know the
architecture but you need to calculate and save the point eith the order, no need to save conversii rate.
Besides, what about delivery costs? The work item is just a proposal?
11 лет назад
infinito62 wrote:
Besides, what about delivery costs? The work item is just a proposal?

Right.
7 лет назад
Hi ,

I just Wanted to know the Working process Reward Points .
I have created Reward Point but did not getting where it reflects.
Please give me a right way to understand Reward Point Concept.

Thanks & Regards

Sachin
7 лет назад
Hello,

We were facing problem into this as well when doing following steps.

1. Reward points were enabled with default settings.
2. Placed an order from a new customer and was able to see reward points earned for order on checkout page with order totals.
3. Completed order manually from admin but no reward points added to customer.

What could be issue? We are checking this in nopCommerce 3.80
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.