Making State Required? In Checkout?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
11 лет назад
Not sure why this one was missed?  I think There needs to be a way to make State/Provence a required field.
11 лет назад
Isn't it already required? If you have at least one state configured in a selected country, then it'll be selected in dropdownlist by default. If you don't have any states configured in admin area, then there will be nothing to select.

P.S. Just ensure that you have states configured for all your published countries
9 лет назад
I need to require a state as well.   I am having the issues described here
https://www.nopcommerce.com/boards/t/15870/state-province-make-required-field-missing-required-validations-in-red-color.aspx#65293
9 лет назад
I'm also having the same issue, any new work on making the state require, it is causing tax issues as well.
9 лет назад
Bump, I have all of my states entered, and select state at the top, but the field is not required, this is causing major issues with taxes, how can I make it required for a customer to choose their state?
9 лет назад
Hi Casey,

please have a look at the upcoming version 3.50. It's supported out of the box. Customers have to choose a state ("select a state" is a default item in "state" dropdownlist)
9 лет назад
thanks, my company is heavily invested in 3.3 right now and I won't be able to update, is there a way to easily fix this in 3.3?  I've resorted to defaulting to my state, which causes me to refund a bunch of people which is still better than eating tax on a bunch of people.
9 лет назад
In this case you have to manually apply appropriate changeset. Please see this one. I'm not sure how "PrepareModel" method was implemented in 3.30 (don't remember). Perhaps, it'll require more changes.
9 лет назад
Hello,
We just upgraded all of our sites to 3.4 from 2.8 and are experiencing the same problem.

Is there a fix that can be applied to 3.4 as well rather than upgrading to 3.5?

Thanks Bob Loucks
Genesys Design Technologies.
9 лет назад
please see my post above (link to the changeset)
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.