Installation problem ver 1.4 (timeout requested)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
Agree with Netjack. Right solution
14 лет назад
i dont know how you cant state this is not a bug when version 1.3 dosnt do this but 1.4 does, microsoft install nopCommerce 1.3o using web platform installer, however you still must go throught the nopCommerce instal process which installs ok, but when you try to upgrade to 1.40 its a no go with timeout errors but if i re install 1.30 no errors occure so no problems with my server as no settings have been modified or changed since 1.30 so to me this does mean a bug or error, i am skilled in PHP, Mysql and Flex and flash programming and to me when we encounter these issues we classify that as a bug with the script, yes it can be a few other causes but to figure that out you would simply get the user to re install the previous version being 1.30 if they can install that version without no errors or any issues then 1.40 must and does contain a bug somewhere in the sql or script files them selves.

and posting a work around without advising where the code should go is not very good support especially for persons that have limited knowledge of sql or aspx like myself. if you were to say hey in PHP do this or that i would understand but to the users that simply point, click and install and then use it that dont knopw programming they will have no idea where the work around code in the sql needs to go, i myself being a developer have no clue to where that work around fix needs to go except for the filename.

you shouldnt assume everyone is a programmer or sql expert.
14 лет назад
I am getting this timeout issue on my first local install.

Seems a shame that my first experience of this product requires me to "hack" some sql! I'm a programmer so SQL isn't problem but this kind of thing will put off less experienced people.
14 лет назад
I also agree that this is best described as a bug even if it only happens under certain conditions. Regardless of which label you give it, this should be put right by the developers and not left for users to struggle with especially considering how easy it is to correct.

The fix that worked for me was previously suggested by netjack and was:

Open \Install\Scripts\nopCommerce_createData.sql

insert

SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[Nop_LocaleStringResource] OFF
GO
SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[Nop_LocaleStringResource] ON

roughly on lines 2000,3000 and 4000.

Did the trick for me but if you still get the problem you could always insert them more often between lines 1000 and 4500.

Max
14 лет назад
I agree.  I asked a simple question earlier here as this was also my first experience with this software.  I would like to use this product for a lot of customers that are fed-up with a cart that runs on ASP which we are familiar with.

Then to have a "Community Sponsor" say that most dont have time for this, made me search elsewhere for a product.
14 лет назад
We have uploaded new archive with new nopCommerce_createData.sql script. Just download and install it one more time.
14 лет назад
It worked for me.. basically you take and put
SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[Nop_LocaleStringResource] OFF
GO
SET IDENTITY_INSERT [dbo].[Nop_LocaleStringResource] ON

In random spots between the long list of Nop_LocaleStringResource Inserts.. and that will help for it to continue on.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.