Upgrading to v1.4 broke my shopping cart!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
14 лет назад
So I attempted to upgrade my store from 1.3 --> 1.4

I replaced all the files on the server with the new 1.4 files, than replaced "connection string" with my backup (from the working 1.3 installation)

I than opened my webadmin and ran the upgrade script: /install/scripts/1.40/nopCommerce_upgrade.sql

It hung once but than connected, and I was able to launch the store and the database connected to the 1.4 software fine (except now I've discovered, due to a lack of orders) that the shopping cart isn't working.

Ideas? I don't have a very recent pre-1.3 backup of my database and the 1.4 one has overwritten since I upgraded!

I am going to try to run the "upgrade" option from the install screen (like the screen cast) however, these instructions seem convoluted as the options are "Create a new database" or "Use an existing empty database" (my database is not empty, so I have no idea how I would "upgrade" it)

Help! I'm offline and losing sales.
14 лет назад
I'm seeing some other issues with the same problem.

I'm trying to run the SQL Update script and I get this error:

Invalid column name 'RequiresTextOption'. Invalid column name 'TextOptionPrompt'.
14 лет назад
Ok, I'm rolling back to v1.3 and we'll see if it works and I guess Ill try to get my IIS setup correctly to test a dev. version locally!

That's being problematic too... anyways, this updater script needs to be fixed.
14 лет назад
I have the same issue, it seems 1.4V updater script needs to be fixed, anyhow i wil keep updating this thread if i found a solutoin, i request you the same, thanx
14 лет назад
Hi, I've upgraded my site but have noticed something rather odd...

My shopping cart has broken however, the images for my shop have not been copied over? it has pulled some old images from somewhere?? I think the shopping cart has broken because of the images missing.

Is there a list of files that the site needs in order to work?? I realise you've changed all the code files but what about the stuff we've put on to personalise the site?
14 лет назад
I've just copied over my image folder from the old site to the new site and it worked...

the image links are the problem and i'm not entirely sure how this happend but now it works. ACE!
14 лет назад
Well, my Ajaxtoolkit.dll in the /bin folder can not longer be accessed, also when I uploaded an attempted to launch the software I was getting a "web.config" issue with a "customError" field which needed to be set to "Off"

I have a call into goDaddy to fix my broken Ajaxtoolkit.dll until than I guess I'm just offline -- I don't know if this is related but figured I'd mention it.
14 лет назад
for your information
-----------------------
I tried running the SQL Update script more than 3 times was getting the same error msg, then found my store item were corrupted, culd not add those in cart, getting an internal error msg.

I did a fresh installation creating a new SQL table manually, now everything seems working fine, however I have no idea for upgration with old existing table, thanx
14 лет назад
2 jbcholdings, jegan107:
Upgrade script works fine. But you cannot execute the SQL Update script more than 1 time.

2 adween:
Images are saved into database. And you can delete any file from \images\thumbs folder
14 лет назад
I see! Well I'm starting fresh again, fresh install of 1.4 and fresh database and I will replace as much as I can find of my old material based on the backup.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.