Dedicated Server Advice

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.
10 лет назад
our homepage load size is around 980kb we use mssql standart edition now and all other pages,products,category page size are between  250 / 400kb when users visit our site , i want to rent dedicated new server for site but if we think that we can have 10.000 online users in system which memory size is enough ?  can i use 4x2.ghz server with 8GB ram memory ?
10 лет назад
webxpro wrote:
our homepage load size is around 980kb we use mssql standart edition now and all other pages,products,category page size are between  250 / 400kb when users visit our site , i want to rent dedicated new server for site but if we think that we can have 10.000 online users in system which memory size is enough ?  can i use 4x2.ghz server with 8GB ram memory ?

This can not be estimated very easily. To estimate this, you will need to monitor performance of your website and do several test to determine correct hardware requirements.

Moreover, I would advise you to have a two separate server.. one server dedicated to SQL Server. And try to have as much RAM you can afford for the server where you're hosting SQL.

Regards,
nopAccelerate.com
10 лет назад
webxpro wrote:

It seems it is enough to handle 10.000 users if you rent 8 GB RAM server. But, you always need to monitor the server too. If it isnt enough, then you can purchase additional memory.
10 лет назад
You can also try out the server you have planned and if SQL is using too much memory, split it off into another server later.
This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.